Chapter 44: Why me?

Blair's POV

The next day, I woke up and saw mom was sitting next to me. She was just reading something but looked at me when I woke up.

"Ah you're awake."

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and then looked around, it was bright outside. I sat up, reaching for my phone.

"Good morning to you too, Blair." mom said sarcastically.

"Morning." I unlocked my phone, only to see it was already 10 am. I stood up immediately. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I ran out of the room and to my own room. I went straight for my closet, looking for clothes to wear.

Mom soon entered my room. "You're not going to school."

I raised my eyebrows. "Why not?"

"You're not feeling well." She simply said as she walked to my bed and sat on it. She watched me closely.

I looked from her to the closet. I put the clothes back. "But I feel fine." I then looked at her. "I'm fine, mom, I can go to school."

"You're not fine, Blair." Mom got up and took some clothes. "Put them on."

I sighed and did as she said. While I was changing, she was looking at me. She didn't avert her eyes, not once.

When I was done, she led me downstairs. "Morning, honey." She kissed dad before taking her breakfast.

"Morning." He then saw me and smiled a little. He patted the spot in front of him, so I sat down there. "What can I make you for breakfast?" He smiled even bigger.

I slowly smiled as well. "Uhm..."

"Pancakes?"

I looked up and nodded. "I'd love that."

He got up and took the things he needed. Meanwhile mom put away the stuff she had taken out. "Make me some too, honey."

"Heard." He continued cooking while mom and I just sat at the table, in silence.

I looked down. My arms came into my sight. I should treat them, they'll need that. I looked at dad, he was cooking, he won't make a problem out of me going to the toilet. I looked at mom, she will. She's already eyeing me...

"Here you go, sweetie." He served me the first pancake.

I smiled at him. "Thanks, dad." I took my fork and knife and started eating the first one. I'll treat my arms after breakfast.

_______________________________

"Did you call me in sick?"

Breakfast was over, my parents and I still sat at the table, not really talking but just sitting. Mom leaned in closer. "I explained them your situation and asked for Nick to be excused during lunch break."

"Why?"

"He's coming over."

Dad looked from mom to me, I wonder if he notices just how scared I got. He could usually tell how I felt based on my body language.

I sighed. "Ok." I then got up, putting my plate at the dishes and then made my way upstairs. I walked to my room and then to my bathroom. I entered and pulled up my sleeves.

I took toilet paper and made it wet, I slowly went over the cuts. It felt better than yesterday. When I looked back up, I saw my mom stand behind me in the mirror.

I turned around and let the wet toilet paper fall onto the ground.

Mom leaned down and picked it up. She threw it away. She took dry toilet paper and walked to me. She motioned me to give my arm to her.

I presented it and saw her slowly drying the cuts. She was so careful with it. And when they were dry, she went over them with her finger.

"How did you even do this?" she asked softly. She looked up at me. "We took everything you could use."

I looked down, at my arm. "I don't want to talk about it."

"You have to, at some point."

I stayed silent, I didn't want to talk about this. Especially since Willow was involved... Mom would say again that Willow is bad. I didn't need that. What I needed right now, was to see Willow. But I'm never alone anymore, not even on the toilet!

"There," Mom helped me get my sleeves back down. "That should do it."

I nodded and walked past her. I made my way back downstairs, to dad. He was already waiting with another board game, another way of keeping me busy.

_______________________________

Dad and me kept playing games until lunch time. He was prepared. He had stored several games: board games, card games... All next to his chair. That way he never had to get up to look for one.

Mom was going around the house. She was securing everything that could help me harm myself... In other words, she was taking all the 'dangerous' things and put them away. Like I was a baby.

When the doorbell went, I tensed up. I knew Nick was here and he was going to do everything to sound innocent.

"Let's put this away for now." Dad took the game, we were currently playing, and put it aside. He then looked at me, reaching for my hands and holding them in his. While mom went to open the door and greeted Nick.

"Have a seat." She motioned to the spot next to dad. She sat down next to me.

I looked up a little, seeing Nick for the first time since the paint incident. He was still wearing that stupid smirk, why can't anyone else see that? Am I that paranoid? He's clearly guilty of something!

"Thanks for coming, Nick."

"Of course."

Mom smiled a little and then looked at me. "We were hoping you and Blair could talk out your differences." She then looked at Nick. "It's been difficult for her and so also for our family."

Nick nodded. "I'm all ears."

Mom and dad looked at me. "Go ahead, Blair."

I looked at mom. "What do you want me to say?"

"What do you accuse him off?"

I looked from mom to Nick, then to dad. "He... He bullies me, for no reason. He doesn't want me near his friends, he tries to keep Rachel and Luke away from me, he calls me names and writes things on my locker, he fakes his apologies and makes me feel good only to then throw paint over me and record it to put it on the internet." I looked down, I haven't actually taken a moment to think about this. What he did to me... It's incredible. Incredibly sad. Why? Why me?

Dad held my hands a bit tighter, I wonder if he noticed how upset I got over that. He must see it, he knows me really well.

"Ok," Mom looked from me to Nick. "What do you have to say?"