Chapter 33: I've got new rules

Blair's POV

Here we were, home, with my parents. I can't believe Luke actually called them, and they came... They never did before.

And that's why I was worried. I didn't know what they were going to say or do. So when they were talking to Luke and Rachel, I looked down, fearing for what had to come. I was expecting the worst.

Suddenly, I felt everyone's stare on me. And it made me very uneasy, very nervous.

"Can you two give us a minute with Blair?" dad said. I felt Rachel slowly letting go of me, of course she'd do that. I don't know why I was expecting something else by now.

"Wait, I promised to stay by her side." She actually said that...

Still, it was no use. "We'd rather talk to our daughter alone."

And Luke, he just 'helped' more. "Come on." He pulled her away, my only help in this situation...

I heard the door of Luke's bedroom close, they were gone and safe. I was here, standing in front of my parents. I felt their stares on me, I knew they were looking and probably judging me.

"Blair," dad started, I knew he'd be the most worried. I was always his little girl. "Sit down."

I looked at my right, to the couch. I walked to it while mom and dad sat in front of me. They were surprisingly quiet.

"Luke called us here for a reason. Do you know that reason?"

I gulped and looked away, I wasn't ready for this talk. I wasn't in the mood for this talk. I can't believe this is happening.

"Blair, answer your father."

I kept looking down, but nodded.

He sighed. "We have to talk about this, Blair."

I once again nodded. But I couldn't bare to look at them, I knew they were disappointed in me. I just don't want to see their faces.

"Luke told us that you harm yourself with anything sharp. Is this true?"

I felt so bad hearing him say that. I nodded.

He reached for my knee, caressing it. I guess that was his way of showing me it was ok. "We know that it's not easy for you right now. We're gone most of the time, but we do this so you and Luke have a better life. You know that, right?"

I nodded.

"Look at us, sweetie." mom suddenly said.

I kept looking down, I couldn't. I couldn't face them. I wanted to but, I didn't want to either. I just didn't want to talk about this, but I want do what it. I can't explain.

"Things will be different, sweetie." dad said, which actually made me slowly look up at him. And for the first time since I entered this house, I saw my parents' faces. They looked worried, very worried. And very upset. "We won't let this happen again." Dad slowly caressed my cheek.

"We sought help for this." Mom continued, she seemed less worried in a way. I mean, dad was visibly worried, he was careful and wanted me to feel good. Mom on the other hand, she seemed ready to get over this. Kinda like Luke. "We will be staying at home for the next few days. You won't be in your room alone anymore and you will give all the tools you used to harm yourself with to me."

"But mom, I - "

"Is that clear?" She didn't seem like she wanted to talk to me, at all. She didn't want to understand me, she just wanted to control me.

I just nodded and looked back down.

"Do you have homework?" she asked to which I nodded. "Good, you can sit at the dinner table."

I nodded and got up. I took my backpack and walked to the table. I sat down and took my homework, I started making it.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw mom and dad talk. Dad didn't seem happy with the way the talk went. I wasn't either. I guess I had hoped for my parents to help me, to understand me. But they just brushed it off as nonsense basically.

However, I knew dad was different. He wanted this to go differently, but mom prevented him to do something else. Like she always did. That's how their relationship works. She takes control, he follows. Sadly.

When they were done, mom walked outside while dad came to me. He sat down in front of me. "What are you working on?"

He was trying to spend time with me, this was his way of showing me he was there for me. And honestly, I didn't mind. At least he was trying. "Homework."

He nodded. "What subject?"

I looked up. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I thought we could do something together." He smiled. "Like the old days."

I smiled as well, and nodded. "When I'm done with homework."

"Ok," He got up and made himself a cup of coffee. "So, how's school?"

I shrugged.

"Is there a boyfriend?"

I chuckled. "Boys are so overrated, dad."

He came back with his cup of coffee. "Perhaps a girlfriend?" He had an amused look on his face when he asked that.

I looked down, blushing.

"Well well, looks like there is." He came closer to me. "Tell me about it." He whispered.

I put my pencil down and looked at him. "Her name is Willow."

"Willow... That's a nice name. And how is she? Is she nice to you? She better be." He smiled.

I smiled as well. "Yes, she's the best. All she wants to do is make me happy." I looked at my homework. "I wouldn't have survived without her."

"Don't say that, Blair. You are way stronger than you think you are." He reached for my hands and held them in his. "And now we're back. You're not alone."

I smiled a little at him, until I heard the front door again. We both looked at it and saw mom enter with two suitcases and a bag. "Thanks for the help."

Dad got up and walked to her. "I didn't know you'd get them already." He immediately took a suitcase and the bag. "I'm sorry."

"Let's put everything in our room." She then looked at me. "Blair, when I come back, you will still be here. Understood?"

I nodded and watched them go upstairs. I sighed and continued making my homework.