Chapter 12: Rachel and me

Blair's POV

"Hey Blair." Rachel hugged me as soon as I entered her car. "You look good."

I look good... Willow's right, I clearly can't look great or beautiful. I don't know what else I expected though, I mean look at me...

"So are you ready to go?"

I nodded, and looked outside. I saw the houses pass by. Almost every house had their blinds off or the curtains closed, but you could still see some lights. People must be chilling by the tv, just relaxing. The things I'd do to relax...

"Hey, are you ok?"

I looked at Rachel.

She glanced at me, showed me a small smile. I'm pretty sure it was just to comfort me.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You don't seem fine."

I nodded and looked back outside. "Just tired."

"Oh, we can do this another time, if you want."

I looked down.

"I mean I don't want to force you."

I nodded slowly.

I heard her sigh and suddenly the car stopped. She turned off the engine and then took my chin, making me look at her. "What's up, Blair?"

I shrugged.

"Hey," She caressed my cheek, putting some hair behind my ear. The look in her eyes held nothing but love, warmth and care. She cared about me... Really? "I want to be here for you. But I can only do that if you let me."

I looked down. "I'm fine."

"You're not, Blair." She pulled my face up again. "Stop lying."

For so long I tried to be strong, I tried to cover all this pain and sadness up. But I couldn't keep it together anymore, I just lost it. I cried.

"Hey." Rachel pulled me closer, in a hug. "I'm here for you."

She held me for the longest time. And I knew at that moment that she meant more to me than I wanted to admit before.

I knew I wanted to keep her close.

_______________________________

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times. I let them adjust to the sunlight. I never had that much sunlight in my room in the morning.

I smiled, I had slept so good! No nightmares, no sadness, no pain... Nothing.

"Hey, good morning."

I shot up, eyes widened. "Rachel?!"

She smiled as she put a tray down next to the bed. "Yes?"

I looked around, this wasn't my room. Why was I here? What had happened? I'm so confused. 

"Blair, are you ok?"

I kept looking around, I was so confused. I couldn't remember coming here, with her. And I was sure I wasn't drunk either, since I don't drink.

"Blair?"

I looked at her. "Hmm?"

"Are you ok?"

I saw the worries in her eyes, somehow it made me feel good. It made me feel safe and somehow... wanted. "Yes, I'm ok."

She showed me her beautiful smile. "Ok." She took the tray and placed it on the bed. "I brought breakfast."

I sat up and took a closer look at it. "That looks good." It really did look good, and I was so hungry.

She smiled. "I'm happy you like it, enjoy."

I smiled a little and started eating. During breakfast, she'd explain me we came here after the movie. I didn't remember anything because I had fallen asleep in the car.

Anyway, after breakfast, we prepared to go to school.

Rachel took me with her downstairs, so we could prepare our lunch. I was surprised no one was home. No parents, no siblings, no family, nothing. I wondered where everyone was. Maybe she lives alone?

Afterwards we went to her car, we had to go to school after all.

And so during our drive there, I was looking at the houses again. Once again wondering what those people in those houses were doing. Would they feel the same as I do?

"Blair, are you sure you're ok?"

"Yes." I didn't look at her. I knew that she'd see it in my eyes, she'd see my real me. Which scared me. I didn't want her to see me, not like that.

I heard her sigh, but she didn't ask anymore.

Soon we arrived at school, she turned off the engine and just waited.

"Blair," she said which made me look at her. "Listen," She suddenly reached for my face, caressing my cheek. "I know it's hard trusting other people, especially after what I did. But I really want this to work."

Was she talking about something more? She must be, I mean look at what she's doing and saying... She likes me... Someone likes me...

"So can we try this? Please."

Slowly a smile found it's way onto my face, and I nodded. It kinda happened, without me even thinking about it.

"Yes?"

"Yes."

She smiled big and hugged me tight. "Good, from now on, we're together."

I nodded.

_______________________________

And so ever since then, me and Rachel really got closer and closer. Our bond was growing each passing day.

Rachel would come pick me up before school, we'd be together at school before classes and then during the breaks and lunch.

After school she'd drive around with me, sometimes we'd go out to have dinner. It was always so much fun. She really gets me, she's like... I didn't need anyone else, just her.

It's maybe depressing to say but I feel like she saved me. I felt so lonely, I felt like everyone was against me. But she changed that. And I couldn't be more thankful for that.

What I wondered though was why Willow wasn't around anymore, it seems as if she left me, just like that. Losing Willow... She was my first friend. I tried contacting her but got nothing.

Luke and Rachel both said I shouldn't worry about my friend, she'd come back soon enough. I think they were just trying to get me to forget about Willow. And I don't know why.

Anyway, Luke and Rachel met too. They were friendly but didn't really talk much. Just a good morning or goodnight whenever Rachel would come pick me up or bring me home.

Yep, finally life was good now. Finally.