Chapter 18: No one cares

Rachel's POV

As soon as Blair and I got downstairs, we went to the tv. Blair sat down, on the ground, and didn't advert her eyes from the screen.

I watched her for a while until I felt the need to talk about it. I got up, telling Blair I was getting a drink. I got no response.

I arrived in the kitchen, where Luke was preparing the table for the morning already. "Hey."

I sat down, sighing.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he stopped doing what he did, and took a seat.

I looked at him. "This isn't good, Luke. She's shutting us out."

Luke looked from me to the ground, I wonder if he finally realized that this is serious. "What do we do now?" He looked back up in my eyes.

I sighed, shrugging. "I have no idea. She doesn't even acknowledge that we're here."

"She did before though."

I nodded, thinking back at the hug she gave me. She needed comfort but something was stopping her for asking more. "I know."

"Maybe we just need to talk to her, like sit down with her to talk."

I nodded. I looked at the door, as if I could see Blair through it. "I'm scared, Luke."

"Why?"

I looked back at him. "I don't know, I have this bad feeling."

"What bad feeling?"

I shrugged.

That's when the doorbell rang. "I'll get that, you go to Blair. And then we'll talk."

I nodded, and we both got up. I walked to Blair, sitting down on the couch. "Dinner's here. Are you hungry?"

She shrugged.

"Pizzas are here!" Luke said, putting them on the coffee table.

Blair turned around, facing us.

"I got 4 cheeses for my beautiful girlfriend." he said, handing me a pizza. "And of course, a pepperoni for my lovely sister." He smiled, handing it to Blair.

"This'll be delicious." I smiled, opening the box.

We started eating. We made some small talk, but it was really tense. I felt like there was an awkward atmosphere in the air.

"So Blair," Luke started, after finishing his pizza. "How was the rest of your school day?" I glared at Luke, why did he do that?!

"I wasn't there."

"Why not?"

I looked from Luke to Blair, trying to get information about how she must feel.

She looked down. "I didn't feel like it."

Luke looked at me, to which I looked at Blair. "We saw you were on the ground." At this Blair looked up. "What happened?"

She looked down, shrugging.

I scooted closer. "Did someone push you down?"

She didn't look up.

"Blair, did Nick push you down?"

"Hold on now, why would Nick do that?" Luke said to which I rolled my eyes.

I caressed Blair's cheek. "Well?"

She looked deep in my eyes. I saw pain, so much sadness yet anger at the same time. She was hurt, but she wouldn't tell us why.

"Blair?"

She looked down. She stood up. "It doesn't matter." She started walking to the stairs.

"Blair, we can't help you if you're not talking to us."

"I don't need help." she said as she went upstairs again. The sound of a lock was heard.

I sighed. "I wonder what happened."

Luke leaned back, relaxing. "I don't think we need to worry, she's always been like this."

I looked at him. "And that's why we do need to worry. This isn't normal behavior, Luke. She needs someone."

"She'll be fine, she needs time." He pulled me in his arms. "Relax."

_____________________________

Blair's POV

I got in my room and locked the door. I leaned against it, my eyes closed. I was processing that awkward scene that just happened downstairs.

I can't.

I can't do this.

She belongs to me. But... She doesn't. She's his. My own brother stole the woman I loved away from me.

I slowly slid down, crying.

"Hey," I looked up, seeing Willow stand there. She knelt down in front of me. "Don't cry." She slowly caressed my face. "It's ok."

I looked down, shaking my head. "I can't anymore, Willow."

"You can't what?"

I covered my face, crying harder.

"Hey hey," She pulled me in for a tight hug. "Shh, they'll hear you downstairs if you go on like this."

"I don't want this, Willow!" I cried out.

"I know," she said softly, pulling my hands out of my face. "But there's nothing you can do about it." She wiped my tears away.

"Why did it have to be this way though? Don't they know how much they hurt me?" I sniffled.

Willow took a tissue out of her pocket and handed it to me. "That's a difficult question to answer."

I looked up, not exactly happy with the answer I got. "What?"

"Well they could not know but that'd make them ignorant towards you." She stated. "However if they did know, that'd make them ignorant and selfish... So I don't know which one's better."

I looked down, gulping. I was starting to calm down.

"Listen, it's pretty easy to me."

I looked up. "How is this easy?"

She caressed my cheeks and showed me her significant smile. "Ignore them."

I pulled back. "What?"

"Well they're ignorant towards you, they you should do that too."

I looked down, realizing that she might be right. It's weird how Willow always says the things I think, maybe that's why she's so close to me. "I don't know, Willow. I don't want to lose them."

She rolled her eyes and got up. "Fine, suit yourself. But don't come crying when they leave you to get married."

I looked down, crying. "They're not going to."

"Yet." She groaned. "Wake up, Blair, not everything's about you. In fact nothing's about you. Have you seen how everyone treats you? It's pathetic!"

I kept looking down. "Stop."

"They treat you worse than trash, you're nothing, a nobody!"

"Stop." I said louder.

"Even your own brother doesn't care."

"Stop it!" I cried out. I buried my face in my hands, crying. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" I cried more. "I know, ok? I know I'm nothing."

She walked back to me. "Then do something about it."

I looked up. "Like what?"

At that she showed me her typical smirk, of course she'd have an idea. But would it really help me...?