Chapter 39: The dance - Part 2

Rachel's POV

This dance was amazing. Luke and me were good, Blair and me were good. Blair and Nick were doing well. I have to say, I was relieved that Nick came around. I think Blair really needed that. And they seem to really hit it off, as friends of course.

After a few dances together, Blair and Nick went for a walk. Apparently Nick had to tell Blair something. Blair showed me a sign that I knew I didn't need to worry about it, but I did. I still couldn't shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen. 

I shouldn't worry so much, that's what Luke always tells me. However, when they weren't back after a couple of minutes, I looked at Luke. "Shouldn't we go look for Blair and Luke?"

"Why? They're having a private moment, Rach."

Oh no, he didn't just say that... "Luke, you know she's gay, right?"

He nodded. "But who knows." He smiled. "That'd be amazing, we could always have dates together."

I shook my head. I looked at our table, Nick's jacket was still there so they didn't leave. "I'm going to go look for them." I walked off the dance floor and into the hallways. I looked around at every one of them.

I heard Luke run up behind me. "Rach, give them some privacy." He got a hold of my hand. "Come on, let's go back."

I pulled my hand back. "I need to make sure first." I kept on walking. I checked every hallway we walked passed by. And the more we passed, the more worried I got. Until we reached the final one. There was no on.

"See, they're not here."

I looked at Luke. "Where would they be?"

He shrugged. "Maybe they got back to the dance?"

"But wouldn't we have seen them walk by us?"

He slowly nodded. "Maybe... Let's just go back." He took my hand and pulled me with him. "Who knows, maybe they got there a different way."

We arrived at the dance again and saw Nick at the table. My jaw dropped, how did he even sneak by us?

"See." Luke smiled proudly. He walked to Nick. "Hey." He sat down next to Nick.

"Hey, what's up?"

I sat down too now and looked around. Where was Blair?

"Rachel was worried for you two, so she wanted to look for you and Blair."

Nick chuckled, alongside his companions. "I'm fine, Rachel, don't worry."

I looked at Nick. "Where is Blair?"

By now Luke looked around as well and slowly nodded. I bet he didn't even notice she wasn't here... He'll never change. "Yeah, where is she?"

Nick sat up. The look on his face told me something had happened. "She went back home."

Now it was my turn to sit up. "Why? What happened?"

"We talked a lot and she told me she was tired. I asked her if I needed to bring her home, but she said she'd go alone."

I glared at him. "Why would she say that?" That sounded nothing like Blair.

He shrugged. "She said I could still enjoy the dance. She didn't want me to go home as well, I think that's nice of her."

Luke nodded, of course buying this stupid excuse.

I stood up. "I'm going to check up on her."

"Rach," Luke stopped me, holding my hand. "Let her. She's tired, she's probably sleeping."

"I don't trust this 'excuse', Luke."

Luke sighed and pulled me with him away from the table. "Listen, even if it's an excuse, mom and dad are home. They'll take care of her if that's even needed."

"Do you even hear yourself?"

"Rach, I just want to make this evening perfect." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Please, let's dance some more."

I looked away, to the exit. But Luke pulled me with him to the dance floor.

_____________________________

Blair's POV

I ran home. I was freezing, I felt ugly and disgusting, I felt depressed and humiliated. I just wanted to sleep, I wanted to escape everything.

As I came home, I made sure to not make any noise. I didn't need mom and dad to see me like this. I just wanted to be left alone.

I walked up the stairs and to my room. Once there, I locked my door and broke down crying. I walked to my bathroom and looked myself in the mirror. I looked ugly. Maybe the paint didn't make me look ugly, maybe it's just me.

I reached for the zipper and undid it. I let the dress fall to the ground and then walked to the shower. I immediately turned it on and took a shower.

When I was done with that, I got dressed into pajamas. I threw my dress in my bathtub and let it rest under water.

I then walked out of my bathroom and went straight to my bed. I let myself fall on there and just cried. I hugged the pillow next to me, for comfort, protection, anything.

"You looked really beautiful tonight."

I sat up, turning around. Willow was standing at my window, which I had left open for her. I'm happy she still has that habit of coming in my room.

She slowly walked to me. "You know, whatever happened tonight, you can't cry." She wiped away my tears.

However I kept crying. "People are so mean to me."

Willow looked at me, I could see she was worried about me. "What happened?"

I sniffled. "Nick and his friends threw paint all over me."

She nodded.

"You saw that happen?" I wiped my own tears away.

She shook her head. "But I saw a painted figure run through the streets."

"And you knew that was me?"

"I had a feeling." She caressed my cheek. "I should've been there, I would've protected you against those idiots."

I looked down. "I just shouldn't have gone to that dance. I knew it was a bad idea."

"I disagree." She got back up, walking to another bag. She brought that with her just now? She turned back around, something behind her back. "Get up."

"Why?"

"Just get up."

And so I got up. She walked to me and, right in front of me, knelt for me. "Willow, what are you doing?"

She looked up at me. "That dance at your school failed miserably, because the princess has left it." She then presented a crown to me. It was made out of plastic but looked very real. "Your crown, Milady."

I slowly smiled. "Willow, I... I'm nowhere near a princess."

Willow got up and smiled at me. "That's true," She caressed my face. "You're a queen, my queen." She then placed the crown upon my head.

Willow took her phone. She walked to me and wrapped her arm around my waist. She held her phone in front of us and took a selfie.

She took her phone back and showed it to me. "Look how beautiful you are." She smiled at me. "And now," She was busy on her phone, and then suddenly it played a song (song above). "May I have this dance, my queen?" She presented me her hand.

I smiled a little. "Yes," I took her hand. "You may."

And so Willow and me danced around my room for what felt like hours. She made me feel important, like a princess. No, not a princess, like a queen. And I would forever hold that tittle: Willow's queen.