Chapter 36-Jennifer's Curse

**We are The Survivors!! This is the original and only true title for this story! And all loyal readers are dubbed as Survivors! Thanks for the wonderful journey!**

I felt horrible about the deaths of Oliver and Bree. I felt like I should have been nicer to them. Maybe be nicer to Bree even if she was a jerk to me. I know Levi was suffering the most, blaming himself for their deaths. I wanted to stay and fight, but I had to take care of Elliot. I won't ever let anyone hurt that poor kid.

I feel more responsible for him too, this is because he calls me Mommy. I loved how he did that, but now I'm not too sure. Has he really replaced his mother with me? I hope he has more family at home... I don't want to see him be thrown into the foster care system.

Panic surges through me, will I be in the foster system? Our grandparents died a while ago and our family on my dad's side is completely cut off. Sammy's eighteen and very responsible, but can he take care of us? Do I want him in charge of my life? He's already so controlling and protective, maybe the foster system is a better choice. Yeah, he'll work a ton and support us fine, but he doesn't let me do what I want to do.

He claims I'm spoiled and rude with "little kid" attitude which is crap. Mom and Dad just liked me better. Granted I was the baby of the family, but Sammy can't possibly be jealous of that. He actually likes being alone in his room listening to music. But I don't want him in charge of me, it seems like he's already doing that here. Telling me what to do and forcing me to stay behind from the hunt.

Why can't I go fight? This is my life too! I can do what I want! He already scolded me for being headstrong and stubborn. I told him it was a perk to my personality, he said it was a curse. I'm going to prove him wrong. They need me. I'm not staying back with Teren, Shane, and Thalia. I'm going, and nothing can stop me. Plus, Levi will see how brave I am.

Sammy also yelled at me for that too. Claiming I was only being nice because of Levi. Covering up for everything and making myself more innocent than I should. Granted, I don't want him hating me for my flaws... but how could he love someone with so many flaws? No guy has ever really loved me like Levi, I can't mess this up.

I lay awake on the sandy towel watching the charred chairs hang from the ceiling. Some of the smoky dust has cleared away from the wind coming through the holes in the walls and windows. The scent of charcoal hangs in the air along with the smell of B.O. I'm going to need another bath soon, I hope I don't get caught by someone... Then again, maybe not.

I shiver against another cold wind that hits my bare arm. I pull the large tie-blanket closer to me, noting that it smells like another person. Another person that is probably dead now. My gut twists at that thought and I quickly distract myself. I slightly sit up, looking down the rest of the plane. It's less crowded now. Sadly enough.

On watch tonight is Leigh and Teren. They knew each other before the crash because of all those events they did together. I'm jealous of their rich lives. We've always lived on the edge of the poverty line. We got very lucky with our house, actually, we were in the middle of selling it because we couldn't afford it anymore. Even Ayden has money to go to parties and have fun.

I know Shane has a lot of siblings but their parents have to do something to support that many kids. They probably have more money than us but spend more of it. Elliot's family obviously had more money than us, they were spies for goodness sake! I've always felt embarrassed by my family. Our thrift-store clothes, our once-every-two-years vacations, and lack of nice things have always brought shame to me. I wanted more. Why can't we be like everyone else? Why can I ever fit in? I blamed it on the money.

I look over to my right to find Sammy, ever-present, at my side and sleeping noisily. He's always been a snorer. On my other side is Elliot who cuddles his teddy bear cutely. I love him so much, he's so cute! And brave. We lay in the back of the plane near the smashed in the wall that used to be the cockpit, showing the true force of how hard we hit the ground.