Chapter 17-What Remains

**I made it!! Here is your Friday update! School's been crazy and I was cutting it a bit close! Sorry if this isn't as good as my other ones... it had to rush!**

"Levi what do we do?"

The most asked question of the day. Everyone's scared, confused, and uncertain about our survival on this island. The plane was left, but everything else is gone. Completely gone. The supplies we gathered, the medical supplies, the food, clothes, all have been washed away by the storm. I see a couple black dots in the sea that probably is luggage, or bodies. Both bonfires were also washed away. And of course our shelter was demolished.

I stand at the edge of the beach at the water's edge staring out at the ocean. The sky is still dark with clouds but at least it stopped raining so hard. Now only tiny sprinkles fall from the clouds. The once so white sand is completely grey and dark with water. The sparkling blue ocean is replaced with choppy grey waves. So what now?

"We should maybe try finding some shelter..." Teren suggests quietly from behind me.

Everyone is standing behind me, watching and waiting for my answer. I continue to stare out at the ocean, dazed with the situation. What now? Everything's gone and we're left with nothing. How can we possibly survive now? No food, no fresh water, and no shelter. The wave sucked away all electronics that we had, hoping they could track it but now all of it's lost to the depths of the ocean. And there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"No we need to search the beach," Sarah answers back but sounding less sharp than usual, "we need supplies first."

"I can't believe the lightning was red..." I hear Sammy mumble quietly.

"I can't believe the sky was green, that was completely crazy! Then then the wave? I'm still surprised we all survived," Lukas adds in disbelief.

"Well not everyone..." Bree says slowly sounding sad.

"What?! What do you mean not everyone survived?!" Jenny panics sounding very distressed.

"What? No no I meant Shane," Bree corrects herself quickly sounding guilty.

"Don't assume he's dead," Jenny snaps sounding upset now, "you don't know what. We thought everyone else was dead, we saw Elliot and Levi disappear behind us too you know. He could still be alive."

"I agree with you but we have to consider-" Bree begins trying to sound gentle but Sammy cuts her off in a low voice.

"Bree, enough."

I sigh softly continuing to stare off at the horizon wondering what to do next. Maybe split up into groups... And Shane would come back to the beach as soon as possible, if he can find his way back...

"Levi," I hear Teren say directly. I lower my head staring down at the water that crawls up the damp shore, stealing away more sand. The wind is gentle but a bit colder than before. The little raindrops sprinkle on my bare chest making me shiver. I gave my shirt to Thalia to use for her bloody, broken ankle. My black metal arm is out in the open now for everyone to see. I'm still a little shameful of it but at least it doesn't remind me of my mom's "death".

Did she survive the wave? Then I start questioning if she is really here at all, maybe I was drunk... but then how did Teren see her too? And then those creature humans in the jungle that attacked him... then he got his voice back from being practically drowned with water. How is that possible? How is any of this possible?

"I know," I reply sighing loudly and turning around to face everyone again. I square my shoulders and look some of them in the eyes trying to mask my fear and confusion. They're looking to me now.