36.

Camilia was in highschool hell

Richard skipped art class without an explanation and she overhead Nguyen mention that he had switched to another class to finish the remainder of the semester due to an emergency of some sorts. Pearl and Jonah avoided her gaze in the hallway. Sebastian cut her off cold clean. 

The same school that had welcomed her with open arms and wide smiles with Richard had so easily shunned her when news of their potential breakup dropped. Rumors began circulating, whispers in the hallway. Being with Richard had a sort of protection, no one was allowed to talk bad about her in front of her face but now they did it openly.

"I heard she was easy, that's why Richard went out with her in the first place," she overhead someone say while she was getting books from her lockers.

"God, what did he even see in her."

"I heard it was for charity. Give ugly girls a chance everywhere haha."

"I heard she gives blowjobs afterschool in the clubhouse. There's no other reason why someone like him would go out with a nobody like her."

"I always liked Diane better."

The rumors had to start somewhere. The consensus was that she was an easy rebound. The more she heard them, the more she believed it started from Richard. Maybe he had said it in the locker room and it was being echoed through many retellings. An easy rebound. Is that what he thought of her?

It didn't help that as a 'joke', a football player approached her during lunch at her locker to ask if she'd like to take him to the clubhouse afterschool while his teammates stood by suppressing their laughs.

Camilia had been behaved until then but she was angry and she thought it wasn't fair that Richard could do what he want and come out on top. It all happened so fast. She slammed the footballer's face in the locker. The hallway fell silent. She got sent to the headmistress's office and given 3-day suspension. Her clean record went out the window.

 When her parents were given news of the suspension the look of disappointment was evident in their face. It was a silent car ride home and then a lecture by her mom about keeping boundaries when it came to the real world versus their organized crime world. Camilia was sick of the boundary, of always being of the edge, of pretending to be someone she's not. But her parents disappointment cut deep and she went up to her room, too devastated to even paint and started to bed rot. 

It wasn't till Henry Kartal's party invitations started rolling out that Camilia found that she wasn't banished completely. They were in Camilia's room, the only place her parents would allow company after suspension. The red envelope with the party invite stared at her from her bed. Heather who had decided to take public relations in university wanted to try out her skills firsthand. 

"You need to go to Henry's party."

"I might kill someone if I do."

"Cam, what you need is to cement your status. You need to enter your Reputation era."