21.

Twenty-four hours before the Dalton fundraiser, Camilia decided to submit an art piece

Twenty-four hours before the Dalton fundraiser, Camilia decided to submit an art piece. Her idea for her art project was a big one. Specifically, a 15ft. tall canvas. So big that it had to fit into the gymnasium afterschool.

The canvas was blank when Sebastian and Richard rolled in the cart full of paints. Jonah, Pearl and Heather were helping set up a ladder as high as the canvas for her. Well, more like Jonah and Heather moving the ladder and Pearl motioning with her hand where it should be placed. Camilia was busy scribbling designs on rough pieces of paper. The space between her eyebrows pinched as she focused on the drawings.

"A smaller painting would have been better, more manageable," Richard had said uneasily, staring at the white space uneasily. Sebastian liked the bold idea and he was secretly curious how she could turn this big of a space into art. He hadn't seen Camilia inaction with a paintbrush but he'd heard of her talent from Richard.

Camilia stood with her sleeves rolled up, an artist smock hanging on her neck, eyes defiant.

"No, I want them to see from far away that when you cut me down, I'll only grow bigger."

Sebastian grinned. Atta girl, he thought.

"Amen," Pearl said sauntering over to the stands to watch.

"You got this, Cam!" Heather cheered.

Camilia's first mark was a blue stroke.

They hung around for a bit, occasionally helping when she wanted to move the ladder or if she wanted a specific color. She was masterful with the paintbrush. Every movement was on purpose, every little swipe, every big one. Her hand moved gracefully like a dance, creating something out of nothing. Sebastian stood watching, even when the others were deciding on the dinner options. He could watch her move like this all day.

They ordered pizza from Portellos, Camilia berating their avocado pizza order calling it a disgrace to Italy. Nonetheless, her blue stained hand picked up a slice and munched it down as quickly as possible.

Later she got reinforcements in the form of her bodyguards (who looked more like bodybuilders).

"You sure you'll be okay?" He asked her, feeling a strangely concerned. He had seen her exert herself, almost tipping off the ladder in concentration. His heart had dropped watching her, until she found her balance and continued as if nothing happened. It was the first time he had seen her lose herself in something. Usually, for missions she would partly listen, waving him off when he delved into the details that Sebastian couldn't get over. Math tutor sessions did not hold her interest at all and it was a mission to get her focused, though Sebastian didn't mind it. This is her element, once he saw her in it, he couldn't look away.

They all left late in the night, hanging around outside Dalton for a bit before getting a good nights sleep for the fundraiser tomorrow. Sebastian left with a plan.