28.

Sebastian's hands were jittery

Sebastian's hands were jittery. At 8PM (the time he usually would start to go down a rabbit-hole), he was out getting drunk at Claw. He barely remembered what happened after, only knowing that Camilia was the one that dropped him off.  He got a 15 minute power-nap in the car before arriving at school. After school, the car took him to Howl Corp. Headquarters for the meeting with his father.

How little sleep he had gotten showed on his face. His smooth skin looked worn out, paler than usual. Dark circles puffed under his eyes, which he tried to hide by wearing sunglasses and submitted to looking pretentious.    

I should've taken the pills, he thought dimly, getting into the elevator with other Howl Corporation employees. He promised Jonah he wouldn't do them again but everyone takes a little bit to these meetings. Its like a requirement if you want to leave without having a breakdown. Sebastian usually took the pills to look prepared in front of his father. Maybe even look a little braver. 

When he approached the glass conference room, he almost threw up at the sight of the two occupied chairs.

Lucy and Ben were seated across the dark wood table. Kelly, their father's assistant was in the far corner, talking into her Bluetooth. Their heads turned when he entered.

"I didn't realize we'd be getting an appearance with Karl Lagerfeld," Ben said, swirling around in his chair.

"You look like shit," Lucy said. He kissed her cheeks and offered a nod of acknowledgement to Ben.

"Nice to see you both," Sebastian said, lowering himself into the office chair. He put the binder down on the table and Lucy's eyes averted to it.

"Am I missing something? Did we have homework?"

"It's a pitch," Sebastian answered.

Ben looked at Lucy, "Ruff, ruff ruff," he barked.

"We all can't survive on your mediocre tennis performances," Sebastian commented. Ben scowled and Lucy bit her lip to stop laughing. 

A soft hum traveled through the room.

"Your father just landed," Kelly interrupted, before rushing out.

"Run, Kelly, Run," Ben whistled after her, amused by everyone scatter at their father's arrival. Men in suits and women in pencil skirts ran back and forth in the hallway.

"Let me see that," Lucy's hand reached out for the binder but Sebastian pushed it out of the way.

"Ah ah, if you want to get on father's good side, you'll have to do your own research,"

Lucy rolled her eyes, "Smart-ass,"

"I think its nice you think father would let you come near the board members," Ben said, "You're a walking scandal," he made a gun with his finger and shot it at him.