Let the training begin

Okay confession time... I suck at basketball. I was just never have been good with coordination exactly. I know next question will be then why in the world would you agree to a basketball match? You see the thing is I'm also very stubborn and prideful this I can admit to so obviously I couldn't let Jason think he had me beat again.

However as any good leader once faced with an obstacle to difficult to bare myself I called for back up.

" Hey Chase " I started with my sweetest smile. Chase is one of my closest guy friends and coincidentally captain of the basketball team.

" Hey Becca" chase respond returning my smile

"So I was wondering if you could teach me how to play basketball" I asked

" Okay" he started obviously confused by my sudden interest in basketball he asked my thoughts "but why the sudden interest"

" See I sort of made a bet like match with out fully thinking it through" I said trying to explain my predicament

"Let me guess someone challenged you and being the stubborn big head you are you agreed" he guessed with a knowing smile.

" You maybe correct but that is besides the point" I said " so are you going to help or not"

" Sure I'll help" he said

" Yay thank you" I said while hugging him in appreciation

" Alright meet me in the gym after school" he said returning my hug and laughing at my enthusiasm.

~*~

"Okay I'm headed" I said walking out of the locker room and over chase who was standing in the middle of the court

" Good because you are going to need all your energy" he said with a strictly serious face that made my enthusiastic smile dwindle

" Don't just stand there give a lap" he yelled like I wasn't right in front of him

" What" I asked confused as to what he meant did he mean for me to run around the court

He blew his whistle. (when did he even get a whistle?) then shouted again " go"

To startled to really think I just started running. After my lap chase was super serious still. He made me do suicides and another lap. Then he actually showed me some useful things like how to properly hold the ball, defensive techniques, offensive, and proper dribbling. By the end I felt tired and sore but also accomplished that I had made a three point and was doing really good with free throws.

" Good job" chase said plopping down next to me on the floor

" Yeah I did good considering your psychotic workouts" I said lightly nudging his shoulder.

" Yeah yeah your welcome" he responded then blew his whistle and yelled " okay now hit the showers"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know boring short chapter sorry kind of just a block part.