End

Hiashi Hyuga. Father of Hinata and Hanabi Hyuga. Retired clan head of the Hyuga clan. A man with experience and wisdom. A man that was the symbol of discipline and authority in the past. Now softened by the passing of time. Yet, despite his softer side. Naruto kneeled, he couldn't help but sweat with anxiety.

Here he was, a guest in the Hyuga home, drinking tea in silence. The very silence was killing him. Not too long, Naruto had done the unthinkable. At least to himself, it was. He had just asked for Hinata's hand in marriage. He didn't know this was a formality. Asking someone if you're allowed to marry them? It was unthinkable! He had received a major scolding from both Tenten and Sakura. They held him by the neck as they bombarded him with insults. Marrying Hinata without asking permission was a total disrespect to the Hyuga clan. And upon hearing such consequences, since he respected the clan for its past sacrifices for him. He was here now, asking for permission, as the clan head of the Uzumaki clan.

Suddenly, the sound of the teacup being set down broke Naruto's train of thought. He watched as he swallowed the last remains of his content while Naruto hadn't drunk as much as a sip. He could feel his stomach grumbling with fear, his palms starting to sweat. His mind second-guessing itself. He hated feeling a slave to his emotions.

"Well, Uzumaki-Sama. You have indeed asked quite a lot right now," Naruto could feel a slight torn in his abdomen upon hearing that. Hiashi could've sworn the blond man visibly flinched. He wanted to smirk, but the play had to keep going. "Nevertheless, I will give you permission upon my terms."

Terms? Naruto didn't think Hiashi was this type of man. The blue-eyed man had been warned about the ugly side of clan politics. He always brushed it aside as useless information. He would always say things will go his way regardless or not. But not in this case. Whatever Hiashi term is. It would most certainly be some sort of politics.

"What will you call me?"

Naruto suddenly looked like an elk caught on a net. His face took a turn for the worse. It visibly said 'What!'.

"What will I call you?" Naruto repeated the question with a hint of doubt.

"Yes, what will you call me after your marry my daughter?" Hiashi couldn't hold his smirk back any longer. The face of realization on Naruto was too priceless.

"Wait... Did you just give me permission?"

"Uzuma-No, son. What do you think?"

"Otou-san. You're playing a dangerous card."

Suddenly, they both exploded with laughter at the blond man's own reaction. They shook their hands and filled their cups with sake. And proudly drank it down.

"Now go, son! Take care of my daughter," Hiashi called out as Naruto stood up. The whiskered head turned and smiled seriously "I will take care of her with my life!"

Hiashi nodded wholeheartedly and waved him off as he took the exit into the kingdom. He knew deep in his heart that his daughter would be alright. This was Naruto Uzumaki after all. Grabbing his empty cup, he filled it with Sake again and pointed it at the sky in his empty room.

"Minato. This is your son. May he finally happiness, may he fill the void. I owe it you old friend," with that said, Hiashi brought the cup to his lips and drank its contents once again feeling the sense of pride and accomplishment. He knew to Minato would've felt it. He knew he was proud of his son.

~

There was a soft sound of the door closing shut. The locks shifting in place as the blond man removed his robe. He could instantly smell the food in the air making his stomach grumble. The kids were out of the house. Boruto had left on a three-day mission and Himawari had started attending the academy. So it was just him and his precious Hinata.