Chapter 3

"...He was born alone into this world....yet he smiled..."

"...He loved those precious to him, and in the end gave up his life for them to see another day..."

Young Boruto walked the through the darkness, the sky was a vivid crimson red. His blue eyes drank in every passing image. His body shook and his voice hitched in his throat.

"Is this a nightmare..?!" Boruto thought looking at the torn houses. He could hear voices cry for help as every passing second seemed to drive him crazy. Then one person landed in front of him causing a cloud of dust. The figure crouched in a very animalistic way, it was human yet not. Then his eyes opened to reveal slits with blood red eyes.

~

"M-Mama!!" Boruto screamed shooting up from his bed holding onto his covers till his knuckles were white. He was covered in sweat and panted as he took in his surroundings. The blond boy could hear a set of footsteps running up resulting in his bedroom door to slam open.

His eyes were so relieved to see his mom that he launched himself into the safe confines of his mother's arms and cried into her shirt.

"M-Mom I saw bad t-things..I-I"

"Shh...It was only a nightmare Boruto, It wasn't real. Mama is right here" Hinata softly cooed in her little boy's ears softly rubbing his small back. She could hear his sniffles and was baffled at his reaction. Never in her little boy's life has he woken up like this.

"Are you all better sweetheart ?" Hinata gently questioned Boruto wiping any remains of his tears with her thumbs making Boruto sniff once more.

"Yea..." Boruto groaned out looking into her mother's pale lavender eyes. He let go of her mother's shirt and calmed himself down once more.

"Can you tell mommy what saw?" Hinata asked with her motherly loving eyes making sure her son was comfortable with telling her his nightmare.

Boruto looked into his mother's eyes and felt hesitation. He replayed the memories of the nightmare and wince just thinking about it making his mother worry.

"You don't have to sweet he-"

"I s-saw...a person or something," Boruto paused gulping whatever was stuck in his throat. He then looked into mother's eyes and said, "I saw a man with red e-eyes...!" he exclaimed hugging his mother once more.

Hinata was stunned, the second those words left her son's mouth, it brought a chilling feeling throughout her body. She knew exactly what her son talked about. Her eyes looked down to her boy to stare into his puffy blue pools. She softly kissed his forehead and smiled ultimately nullifying the fear that his eyes held.

Did he just dream of Naruto...How...?

"Let's go downstairs, I prepared breakfast for you," Hinata said clasping her son's hands in hers.

"B-But I gotta wash my teeth first!" Boruto reasoned back making Hinata proudly smile.

"Oh. Right! Well, I'll go and get everything in order" Hinata replied back as she watched Boruto enter his bathroom making sure he was still calm. Once he had the determined look on his face for this task she knew he was back to normal. She sighed and shook her head softly while she made her way back downstairs. She walked around to the corner that led to the kitchen and began to prepare her own breakfast at their table waiting for the soft footsteps that were soon to be heard.

It was only seven forty in the morning and his school didn't start for another thirty minutes. She bit her lips and looked at the clock debating if her son should go to school or not.