Chapter 9

"I'm here to bring you back"

"Tsch!" Sara audaciously replied back walking past the Uchiha, Sasuke turned and began following her.

"Sara, your fath-"

"I don't give a shit! What my father thinks! You or nobody tells me otherwise!" the scarlet haired woman spat in rage towards the stoic Sasuke grabbing onto the hilt of her Kusanagi.

Sasuke froze in his place sensing her intentions, he never thought she would threaten him like this.

"You're no better than the criminals you hunt, pathetic..." Sasuke snapped angrily watching her closely as her face features turned for the worst.

"Don't you fucking dare! You don't know shit!" Sara unsheathed her blade holding it dead straight in the middle towards the stunned Uchiha.

However, Sasuke just seethed shutting his fists tight while Sara continued.

"He was my brother! Not yours! I will never find happiness, I will never forget this regret! You found happiness, I will forever live with this sadness..." Sara continued trembling the blade that she held, she bit her lip in hopes to stop the tears.

There was a pregnant silence, the winds flowed through their equally long hair and for the first time in Sara's life, she captured a glimpse of his hate, his rage.

"That day, the day of the fall of Thieves Landing... I watched him die... I watched him get surrounded, I watched him fight for his life... I could still remember each blade that kissed his body..." Sasuke continued as he shook uncontrollably with rage.

"Stop!" Sara shouted desperately trying to straighten out her form.

"I watched him fall to his knees... his body pierced with many blades and swords...I watched him squirm in anger on the ground as he was pinned, I watched the life leave his eyes...Toneri..." Sasuke snapped shouting the name with pure venom and malice "I watched it all happen! I watched my friend die! I lost my arm trying to save him! Don't you dare think you're the only one suffering..."

The tears flowed freely touching the cold falls hard ground. Her heart shattered in pieces, however, it felt somewhat better, knowing that someone was feeling the same exact regret as her. What am I doing?! How could I be so blind?! Sara wondered in shock, she watched as the reserve Uchiha break down on his knees with his hands on the ground. How his silent heart wrenching sobs filled this cold empty street, Toneri, I swear I will see you dead..."

~

"W-What...?"

Nothing made sense for the single mother, the words her friend spoke reopened wounds that she had long forgotten. Her body trembled and shook, her mind forcing its way out her mindscape, her sternum took beatings as her heart erratically beat. No, No, No...

"How...? How d-did you learn of t-this...?" asked Hinata fighting every urge to scream.

"Sasuke...He always knew...Toneri isn't a man he portrays himself to be. He killed Naruto" Tenten bluntly said stunning both Mother and Son...

Boruto didn't know how to absorb any of this, his young mind couldn't grasp this situation, only one thing was clear, he felt so much hatred towards this man. The idea of him marrying his mother was such a taboo subject now. He turned his head up to see how his mother was taking this. But all he saw was emptiness in her usual lavender orbs.

Then suddenly all the tears stopped as if something supernatural has taken over his mother, she raised her head and looked at Tenten, he could feel the tension in the air.