Chapter 17

Sorry for the wait! Here it is enjoy!

"What did this?"

"Some wild bear? Who knows?!" replied a trembling soldier.

It was early morning in the village of Konoha, Sasuke just arrived at the village after his simple task only to be given another one, duty calls after all. Now here he was investigating a recent case just hours prior to his arrival along with his wife.

The sun barely made its arrival over the horizon giving them just a few short minutes before the first rays of sun revealed itself as the dispatched soldiers began scouting.

Sasuke walked around with the dispatched squad to the forest near the edge of the village. Disturbing reports came through about a demon of some sort, but he refused to believe such claims. Drinking late night could delude your views.

After walking cautiously throughout the shattered trees torn leaves he finally came to the middle of it all. He trembled slightly as the feeling of residual hate still remained seeped into the very soil. The onyx haired man could see a small crater in the middle, he walked and followed the deep footprints that looked human to his eye. He followed and inspected the very area it led too.

Then out of instinct, he grabbed onto the tree to his left to keep moving and felt a sharp jab on his hand making him grunt in pain.

He looked over his hand making sure he wasn't bleeding then over at the sharp tree. Then the washing fear overcame him. I could clearly see five claw marks that no bear wild bear could possibly produce. He slowly brought his fingertips to the mark and traced over it very gently. Sudden feelings of hate and fear gripped his heart making Sasuke bring his hand back with haste.

"We found nothing sir, not even blood" reported a soldier

"Let's go back to the Hokage"

"Hai!"

~

Sasuke was relieved from his duties, the marks and emotions still plagued his mind. He felt so uneasy. As if he already felt this similar feeling before. So dark.

Sasuke Uchiha now walked the empty morning streets, he was on his way to rid his daughter from a vile boy. Yes, he hated when Boruto and his daughter interacted. It would break his heart when she loves another boy and leaves him in the dust.

No, not my Sarada!

He made haste of his trek and sped up, the sun rays were now beaming proudly, it must be around seven in the morning, he thought. Before he knew it, the house off with the proud Uzumaki crest came into view. Hinata was always an early bird, he was sure she would be there when he knocked.

He opened the gate making its welcoming noise, he walked through the small path admiring the flowers that always sprouted beautifully in their garden. He made a mental note about discussing some upcoming changes with his wife later tonight. Finally, he was face to face with the wooden door. He grabbed the small handle and softly tapped it against the door making a loud echoing noise. Then he waited, he could hair soft footsteps trailing near the door.

Then the wooden door was opened to reveal the last person or rather boy he wanted to see.

"Good morning uncle Sasuke..." Boruto solemnly trailed off not even putting up a fight. This totally threw off Sasuke. He stepped inside and could instantly feel the sad and heavy tension that roamed this house.

"Good morning Boruto, where's your mother?" Sasuke asked feeling strange that Hinata wasn't up and moving, she was the earliest bird she knew.

"She's asleep, I'll go wake up Sarada" Boruto announced before heading up the stairs. Sasuke watched him carefully, watched his body language. Something real bad must've happened. He then went towards the living room and sat down patiently until it hit him.