Chapter 5

The night's sky covered Konoha in darkness from every corner, it was a comfortable darkness that held everyone's silent peace of a hard day's work, many families returned to their loved ones and sat at their table taking out their day or simply just resting for tomorrow's challenges. Like many family homes, the Uchiha household has their own peaceful night.

They sat and enjoyed their meal like every other night, with bickering and laughs. However, today was a special night. Her papa cooked today making the meal extra special and frankly, she preferred her papa's cooking over her mama's any day. After their supper, Sarada said her goodbyes for the night, however, she stopped and watched her parents from afar. The onyx eyed girl was amazed at what she saw.

She could see her mother lay on her papa's shoulder whispering words into his ear. She could see him visibly shudder while Sakura just giggled. She stood from afar in the dark hallways waiting for an opportunity. She almost forgot the most important question.

"Sakura stop."

"Come on Sasuke-kun....." Sakura whined tugging on his long sleeved thin sweater "Please..." she whispered intimately into his ear making the onyx-haired man's breath change its pace.

"Saku-"

"Papa!" Sarada couldn't handle their lovey dovey moment anymore. She needed to ask his father a request that has been troubling her all day.

"Sarada? Honey weren't you going to bed?" asked her mother all flustered, making sure she was presentable in front of her beloved daughter.

"What is it?" Sasuke asked flattening his wrinkled long sleeved sweater from all their contact.

Sasuke could see the resistance in his daughter's eyes. Ever since she arrived back from her academy, he could tell something was off. He thought it was just some childish thing like every kid her age has. But now she stood in front of both of her parents with the same troubling look.

"Sarada?" Sasuke softly said eyeing her daughter flashing her his small smile.

"W-Who was Boruto's dad ?!" she exclaimed looking straight into her parent's surprised looks. She needed to know who Boruto's father was. She could remember the face of distraught of her friends face today. The mentioning of a father, she couldn't imagine what was going through his mind.

Sakura didn't know what to say, her mind racing through conclusions into what could have possibly made her daughter ask such question. Memories of Naruto crept from behind her mind. Memories that hurt remembering. His smiles and cold looks. His concern and his hidden side. The pinkette could still remember the day she was saved. The man named Akuma. She would be forever grateful for his sacrifice and to this day she was still grateful.

Sasuke in the other hand, didn't expect this. He had a hunch it had to do with something in her academy today. He looked over to his side to see his wife in deep thought, her eyes with a glint of sadness in them. Memories of his last moments played over and over. How he fought the waves of soldiers. How Naruto was stabbed over and over. How he could see the the life of his very friend leave his eyes. How he witnessed his last breath escape his throat. The crimson pool that formed where he laid. He mourned silently away from everyone. If it wasn't for his wife, he might have just been consumed by his depression.

"Come with me Sarada," the onyx-haired man said standing up from the coach, he approached his closet where he kept his cloak.

"Put your coat, we're going for a walk"

"H-Hai!" his daughter quickly replied rushing towards her room in search of her coat, she didn't know what was going to happen.

"Are you going to tell her?" Sakura asked biting her lip.