Chapter 21

Extra long chappy, probably my longest since my last fic. Enjoy.

"Keep moving!"

Students crying, girls sobbing, boys begging the comfort of their mothers. Debris slowly collapsing on top of them. Chaos was the right word, it was chaotic.

Boruto stood in the middle of it all, his mind and emotions all shutdown. A constant ringing in his ear drowning out the world around him.

Boruto...

"Boruto! Are you alright?!" asked a pale boy with blue eyes, his face was smudged with smoke and dirt, yet he kept his wits.

"W-What happened?" asked the blond Uzumaki as he stared at his hands full of cuts.

"I-I don't know! Anyways the senseis are badly injured and some of our classmates have completely lost it" said Inojin with a hint of worry in his voice. He wasn't the type to express himself, but like any overwhelming situation, not even the toughest warrior could keep a straight face.

He felt a tug on his sleeve, his feet began dragging through the debris and school utensils that were scattered. Then he saw his real friends. Their faces all looked crestfallen with horror in their eyes. Even Shikadai, a genius amongst them seemed to have lost it. He was just silent, hugging his knees ignoring any call.

Then his eyes traveled through his peers until it landed on a certain onyx haired Uchiha. Her glasses were shattered in her hand, her tears slowly fell to her side's of her cheek, she quivered violently hugging her knees. Everyone was like this.

Then Boruto snapped, his stupid-like trance was broken by the image of Sarada. He instantly fell to his knees in front of the girl and gently hugged her, she instantly held onto Borutos jacket for dear life and sobbed her fear into his chest.

"D-Don't let g-go..." sobbed Sarada between her breaths.

"I won't," replied back Boruto while he rubbed her back softly. He couldn't help it but, he wished his mother was here. He let go of Sarada while keeping the other arm tightly embraced, with his free hand he reached into his jacket feeling for it. His hand traveled through and through until he felt it. The trinket that was known as the Uzumaki crest. He held onto it for dear life and prayed to his ancestors for the safety of everyone.

Father, where are you?!

Then he felt it, the same dark sinister feeling he felt just weeks ago. He froze completely making the Uchiha look up to his sudden stiffness. His face too now gripped itself with fear.

~

"Keep moving everyone! Safe and calm!" a mantra that replayed over and over. I could feel the slight shoves from the civilians who surrounded me. My feet ached with the miles of the walk, but it was to safety. Suddenly the entire line came to a halt. I could feel a rough tug on my sleeve as the mystery person dragged me through the shouting crowd. That hand belonged to my older cousin Neji. His face remained as stoic as ever, I know deep down inside, he was crumbling like me, not knowing anything, the disturbance of our peaceful lives.

"Hanabi-sama, do not separate yourself from the main family," advised Neji before finally letting go. I rubbed my wrist gently before walking towards my father's side. I turn my head before I take my final step and look back towards the village in smoke known as The Hidden Leaf Village.

Nee-sama, please be alright, please be alright Boruto-chan, I clutch my hand near my bosom and try my best not to break. They were out there, in the middle of it all.