Chapter 15-Confusion

I am lost.

Both mentally and physically.

Mentally: I'm pretty sure you realize, but I think I'm into Shane..

Physically: Its 6pm and I'm lost... Where? In the woods.

Long story short, I was walking home from the soccer field, and I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I got lost.

I'm tired. And exhausted. My feet have blisters on them, and my thighs are sore.

I brush some leaves off a big rock, and sit on the rock.

Sigh.

What the heck am I supposed to do now?

Ooh! I have an idea!

My dad had taught me this thing, where you would take a stick, shove it into the ground and look at the shadows- wait.

Its dark, so there will be no shadows.

And if there are no shadows...

It won't work..

Great.

Now what?

I start walking around and then I remembered I had a phone!

Duh. I face palm myself. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Use it to call for help!

But who?

Lets go with Shane...

I pull out my phone from my pocket, and start to look for his name in the contacts, but then a tragedy happened.

See what happened was, I slipped, causing my phone to fly out of reach.

And then it fell into this big hole.

I know, big hole?

Sounds bad right? But it was true! Geez, I'm an idiot, I'm ugly, and I'm clumsy? Perfect.

I'm just staring at the hole, wondering what to do.

I place one foot in front of the other, look at how deep the hole is, and decide to go in.

I could feel the adrenaline flowing throughout me, as weird as it sounds.

Letting out a sigh, I slowly climb down the pit of darkness. What the hell is wrong with me?

And make it down safely, strangely. But hey, I'm not complaining here..

Letting out a breath, I put my foot on the last safe step, and finally touch the ground. I look around.

Surprisingly there are torches, that illuminate the underground path, that seems to go on forever.

Wait, why are there torches?

Why is there a path down here in the first place?

I debate with myself,

Should I keep on going?

Or should I turn around?

There could be anything beyond this point.

There could be a man eating, b- Oh shut up, and keep going.

I keep walking until someone asks, "Who the hell, and what the hell are you doing here?"

A hot lump of guilt and fear settles in my stomach, as I spin around to see who it is.

And you know what?

It was Shane. I just have to run into him.

His features started to soften, as he recognized me. Is that a good thing?