Chapter 6-Suspisious

Ryan's Pov

I almost laugh. "Vampires? Vampires? Macy, those don't exist."

Huffing, she walks away, leaving me there to collect my thoughts. I shrugged, walking to my last class.

*

*

*

I hear the bell ring, and I get up, eager to leave. My phone from my bag starts to ring.

I pick it up and get greeted by my mom," Hey Honey, just wanted to tell you that I'll be taking the twins to soccer practice alright?"

"Ok, is that all mom?"

"Yeh, bye love you Ryan!" she yells into the phone.

"Bye Mother." I mumble. I hang up and stuff my phone into my satchel.

"Ry!" Macy screams, running to catch up to me.

"Where were you? You just left me like that!" I told her, not mad, but wanting to know what her problem was.

"Sorry about that...." she trailed off sheepishly. She scratched her neck.

"Where are you off too?" She questions, tilting her head to the side.

"Well I wanted to some of my Detective Work on the blood incident." I state, not thinking about it, until now.

"Oh. So you're staying? Or do you want to catch a ride with me?"

"Nah I probably will just ask my mom to swing by and pick me up once I'm done." I assure her.

"Okey Dokey, see yah then."

"Bye." I wave until all I see is her blond head bobbing in the crowd.

Ok, first stop go to the nurse. I skip to the nurses office and find my first clue. I find little bits of garlic on the ground. Uhm, is that like supposed to fend off the vampires or something? I laugh to myself, am I seriously investigating this? Its probably just a coincidence.

There really is no point in staying after.

I pull out my phone, and dial my mom's number.

"Hello?" She says through the phone.

"Hey mom! Can you pick me up?"

I hear shuffling in the background, before she answers me. "Yeah, sure honey. But why are you calling me now? I called like 10 minutes ago."

I laughed nervously. My mom, usually isn't comfortable with me staying behind at school, for nothing school related. I think of an excuse.

"I- uh. Had to finish some math work, for my teacher." I lied.

"Oh, okay. I'll be there in... 10 minutes, still have to drop off the twins.See you soon."

I let out a sigh of relief, she believed me. "Bye mom, love you."

"Love you." she hung up, and I pocketed in my phone, in my back pocket. I hike my back-pack up further, and start walking to the front of the school. I wait awhile, and then see my mom's car come into view.

I opened the door, and got in. "Hey, mom."

"Hey yourself. Anything new, besides 'staying behind at school to finish math work'?" She asked me.

A lump formed in my throat. Crap, she saw through my lie? I was never a good liar, anyway.