Chapter 18-A Date?

Ryan's POV

"Shane I'm s-so scared." I told Shane. I was holding onto his arm, and it made me feel a bit better.

Shane stared at me for a long time before saying, "C'mon."

Huh? I'm confused.. I looked at him with confusion, in my eyes. Then I nodded, not caring where'd we go, I just wanted to get outta here!

I stood up and he held my hand, leading me out of the movie theater.

I don't know if he feels those weird butterflies in his stomach, because I do!

I don't know if he held my hand just to make me feel better, or if he just wanted to hold it...

I don't know alot of things to be exact.

As soon as we got out, I gave him a big hug. He must've been surprised, because slowly, he hugged me back.

Thank you Shane, I wanted to say.

But I didn't.

***

Shane's taking me to eat ice cream, The Marble Slab Creamery! And hes holding my hand! I love the feeling! Err.... I take that back...

Yay! Did I mention he's holding my hand?

"Ryan, what are you getting?" Shane asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. We were standing in front of the counter. The lady behind it, taking our order looked kinda impatient.

"Uh..." I looked up at the menu. My eyes trailed across all the flavors.

Ooh! "Can I get a small, waffle cone, cookies and cream? " I told the lady behind the counter.

She nodded and wrote it down on the slip of paper. She looked at Shane. "I'll get a large,waffle cone, with rocky road, please." She wrote it down and went into the kitchen. Usually they just get the cones,and scoop up the ice-cream in front of you from the ice cream carton's, but today all the ice cream carton's were empty.

We sat down at the booth, and started to talk.

"So... are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess... Thanks.."

He smiled his pearly white teeth smile. "No problem. Anyway, when do you start working at Joey's place again? The Sunnyside Daycare place?"

"Oh, next weekend, from 8-3. How about you?"

"Really? Me too! Same hours as you!"

I smiled, knowing that we'd work the same hours. Together.

"Hey love-birds, your ice-cream's ready!" The lady over the counter yelled.

I blushed. Shane stood up to go get them. He came back and gave me the ice-cream.

Mmmm... Looks good... "Thanks, for the ice-cream. I guess I owe you now?" I tell him.

Shane shakes his head, and starts to eat.

******

We walked back to the theatre, after eating ice cream, to wait for Macy.

I have no idea whats up with her and scary movies. I hate them!

"How much time left? Until the movie's done?" I asked Shane.

He takes out his phone with his free hand,(YAS WE ARE HOLDING HANDS AGAIN!!!) and checks the time.

"About 20 minutes left?"

"Okay. My feet are hurting." I whine.

Shane cracks into an ear-spliting grin.

"I have an idea." He says excitedly.