Chapter 7-Joshua

"Ry Ry!" Someone annoyingly shouts into my ear. A pair of chubby little hands pry my eyes open. When my eyes are open I reveal my freaking annoying brothers. I shove them softly, closing my eyes again.

"Ryan! Mom said to wake up and come down stairs!" They say at the same time.

I groan and shoo them out of my room so I can get dressed.

I make my way down the stairs and find my mom with this guy-no not Shane- sitting next to her giving her the goo-goo eyes.

Barf.

Wait a minute, Is mom online dating or something?! My thoughts are interrupted when someone clears their throat.

"Ryan this is Joshua, Joshua this is Ryan my oldest daughter." Mom says introducing us to each other.

"Hi Ryan nice to meet you." Joshua greets awkwardly. I narrow my eyes, and without thinking, I flip him my finger. I hear my mom gasp, and start to scold me, but I leave the house, and don't hear what she says. My anger boils by the second.

How could she? I run out our porch door and slam it loudly. I take off to Macy's house.

Macy lives like 3 blocks away so I'll survive.

How dare mom do that to dad? How does she even have the nerve?

Before I know it I'm at Macy's place getting questioned by her mom.

"Ryan dear, haven't seen you in a while! How are you? What are you doing here?" She asks, bombarding me with questions. I blink, not knowing what to say.

"Ry!" Thank goodness, I'm saved by Macy. She drags me away from her now-puzzled mom. "We'll be upstairs." she calls over her shoulder.

''What happened? Why do you look so aggravated?" She asked, as we walked up the stairs.

I stay silent.

"Ry?"

Silence.

"its okay if you don't want to tell me now, I mean I'll get it out of you sooner or later."

"Thanks Macy."

"No problem Ry that's what friends are for right?"

''Yes I suppose." Thankful she dropped the subject.

She led me to her room and we sat on her pink heart-shaped rug.

"So whats the agenda for today?"

"I want to cut school."

"Really? Miss I-have-perfect-attendance-and-always-will are you sure?" Macy mockingly asks me. She cocks her head to the side and waits for my answer.

But instead of words she gets a hug.

"Hey whats wrong? You never give hugs unless you're saying goodbye. Wait you're not leaving are you?! That's it! You're leaving me! That's why you're so sad!" She rambles on and on. I push away and hold onto her shoulders.

"No Macy, I wouldn't leave you. The problem is Joshua."

"Who the fuck is Joshua?"

"Watch your mouth young lady!" I shout.

"Sorry, who the beep is Joshua." Macy says correcting herself, with a beep.

I start to laugh and soon enough she starts to laugh too.

I explain to her all about stupid Joshua, and time flies just like the saying, because the next time we look at the clock we've missed 1st and 2nd period. We end up cutting school, and it was actually kinda nice.

---------

Hey you lovelies how'd you like the twist?

Anyway, my aunt's wedding was yesterday (we're around the same age).

Well enough about my life, for those who are reading my book out there, if you'd take the time to, tell me about your weekend!

Thanks!

Bye!