Chapter 11-No More Secrets

"Ryan! Your mom is on the phone!!" Macy sung.

"I'll be out in a moment." I muttered.

We are about to go to the mall. Macy's mom is going to drop us off and pick us up in 2 hours. Right now, I'm in the bath-room fixing myself up.

"Hurry your big butt up Ryan!" Macy shouted.

I ignored her and made a bun, finishing it off with a pink bow on the side. I gathered my PJs from last night and tried to twist the door-knob.

All of the sudden, Macy un-locked the door and started to scream, "Ryan! Are you okay?!"

I dropped the clothes on the ground and folded my arms over my chest.

"Haven't you ever heard of privacy?" I questioned.

"Well you didn't say anything when I told you to hurry up, so I figured something was wrong." She answered, with a matter of fact tone.

"Whatever. Besides, how'd you unlock the door?"

"With this handy tool." She said proudly, revealing a screwdriver.

I snorted. "I'm not even gonna ask where you got that. Why'd she call me?"

"Oh she hung up. Had some errands. But she said she won't be home till 6."

Macy glanced down at her watch and said," Well its 12 p.m. right now..."

"Lets get going!" I yelled, and with that we were off.

****

"Oh my god remember that time that-"

We are heading to the food court and talking about random stuff that happened in middle school.

I see this lady, holding hands with a guy, and she looks a lot like my mother. Didn't she say she had errands..?

I cut Macy off," Macy! I think that's my mom.."

"Then Jasmine got all- wait what?"

She was still talking about our childhood. Jesus.

"I said, I think my mom is over there." I told her.

She thought about what I said for a moment.

"How about we go check them out?" She offered.

I nodded eagerly and we made our way over, in a ninja stalk-y kind of way.

We hid behind the taco booth,near them, and started to peek.

"You know, I feel like we're stalking them." Macy whispered.

"Shhh." I shushed her.

"Oh Stewart! You're so funny!" Said the lady that looked like my mom.

I leaned in closer and saw that... it was my mom.

"Macy that's my mom!" I whisper-shouted.

I thought we already had this talk. Just because I had said I don't like Joshua, didn't mean she needed another-eww-guy friend.

I jumped out at her and started to shout in her face, still angry," I thought we had this," I gestured at the man," conversation already. No? Man mom, I thought you understood after that."

After that I left dragging Macy to Subway,to grab some food.

We ordered and sat down to eat. I dropped all the bags on the ground next to me.

I looked down at them.

Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, and Rainbow bags.

We ate in silence for a while and irritated by the silence, Macy broke the ice.