Chapter 12-Shane

The tension was heavy between the 3 of us.

After a while Shane cleared his throat and asked,"So would you like to hear my story?"

I nodded.

"Well," He started "One night was when it happened all. It was all but too.. fast."

"You don't have to tell us you know. If you don't want to, I mean." I told him. I know what its like, to be uncomfortable telling people about the past.

Its hard.

And it brings back awful memories.

Macy suddenly found her shoe laces very interesting, because she was staring at them and twirling the string around her finger.

I saw something then that I've never seen before in his blue eyes. He turned his head, a frown forming on my face. What was that?

"We were in the living-room at my house, and then it happened.." he chocked on his words and a single tear fell. His jaw was clenched, and my chest ached for him.

I walked over to his side of the booth and sat next to him.

"Its alright, Shane. Take your time." I said, hopefully comforting him. I gave him a moment to calm down, and then I gave him a hug.

He turned around and stared at me, mesmerized possibly, surprised of all people it would be me, comforting him.

And that moment, right there, I knew that I had just made a new best friend.

***************************************

So yeah." He concluded.

Que the awkward silence.

It was so quiet until Macy's Phone started to ring. 'House of Wolves, by My Chemical Romance' blasted through her speakers.

She looked for her phone, flushing.

"Hello?" She asked, as soon as she picked it up. We stared at her, for a long time, only hearing inaudible noises, coming from her phone.

"Oh alright, okay. See you in a few." She said.

She slid her phone back into her pocket and then continued to stare at her shoelaces.

Great.

"Well your secret is safe with us. Right Macy?" I promised Shane.

"Mhm." She mumbled. I roll my eyes. I'll take that as a yes.

"Well I guess that'll be it then.. We'll see you Monday." I waved at him and started to leave, and then he grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him.

"S-sorry, I'm sure you weren't comfortable with that..Can I see your phone?" He asked.

"Its fine, here." I took it out of my pocket and gave it to him.

He typed in something and gave me my phone back.

Probably his number.

"Bye."

And with that, we separated.

****

"So what now? By the way who was on the phone?"

"Oh Joey asked if we could help her out at the daycare place, because she just got home yesterday. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah sure."

Macy and I used to work at a daycare, and they've been closed for a while. I think because they went vacationing or something.

"Taxi!" Macy yelled, making me cringe.