-fiftyfive--

--fiftyfive-  P L E A S E C O M M E N T !!!!!!!!  P L E A S E C O M M E N T !!!!!!!!

THE ANSWER REGARDING the Rule was still waiting to be addressed. I could see that she wasn't entirely certain herself of why she had broken it, but even a hint to what she was feeling would have done.

I made sure to thank her for her compassion towards MiKinley. It triumphed over any fear or anger I had once been astray in. Now all I needed was grace, coming from a brown-haired boy who I owed the world to.

"But about the Rule," Ava spoke up, letting me know she wasn't yet ready to stop, "I didn't know what would happen."

"Then what made you break it?"

"Patrick told me that you needed me. He said 'forget everything you think you know, because your best friend needs you. Do whatever you have to do to help her, whatever you feel is right - do anything. Anything.'"

"But he never mentioned the Rule?"

"Not specifically." She admitted. "But he told me to forget everything because you'd need me to. And I would do anything. Nothing had ever felt more right than breaking that Rule. I was fearless."

I squeezed her hand, knowing how renewed it made her feel, because it still did the same to me. I hoped it would go on forever.

A sudden, distorted sound broke my attention away from Ava and outside into the hall. In Charleston's hands was now a radio which he had just pulled from his pocket, attempting to silence before we were disturbed. But it was too late: I had heard it. A voice.

"Charleston, report back. Initiation begins now, or we are risking her life. We can't wait any longer: it'll kill her."

Before the message was even over, we were all our feet. I, of course, standing in front of Charleston. His grip was still on the radio, but I now had his hand in mine, my gaze frozen on the device.

I moved my thumb, running it along his hand until I held down the button which allowed me to answer.

"Dad?"

-fiftyfive--

03/02/2018

Thank you so much for getting Counterfeit to #67 in sci-fi! It made my day!

Sorry for such a short chapter! Wanted to leave it suspenseful for you though.

What do you think about the relationship between Pip and Charles at the moment? Who do you think is hurting more? Why?

Do you think it will change them for what's to come, and change how they rely on each other/the Plan?? Or do you think that they're about to need each other more than ever?

Also, aren't Pip and Ava friendship goals? Fierce Ava risking everything to help her friend. Also, Patrick's words melt my heart.

You might have seen I posted up Insusceptible! Don't worry, still a little bit of this book to go, yet! In case you haven't checked it out yet, here's the cover, designed by the incredibly talanted WeirdlySupernatural ! Go give her a follow because she is so wonderful and generous, and she really made my day by making that cover, so go and make hers!

Romans 8:28 

And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him: to those who are called according to His purpose.