[6] Black And White Relationship

Than POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at that smudge is so high. I try to set the ball as high as it, but failed. Who the hell did that, set the ball like that?

Well, I think I need to practice hard so I can set the ball as P'Puen wants. If I can, we can win any games. I can't wait.

I practice everyday. In the noon when school break and in the night after practice with the team. I practice hard but it seems useless. I still can't reach the smudge over there. It is too high. I get frustrated because of it.

"If you are practicing like that, you won't be able to reach that smudge" someone says behind me, "Here, use this. This can help you to gain strenght of your arm"

 This can help you to gain strenght of your arm"

"Basket ball?"

"It is more heavy than volley ball"

"I don't know if you have concern about me"

"I am not. Just doing this for team. Increasing your skill is increasing our chance to win too"

He walks away and leaves.

"P'Puen!" He turns around, "Thank you"

He doesn't say anything. No smile or nod. He just shows his usual expression. Flat. He goes away without any words. Leave me to back to practice.

*****

Break times. I eat my lunch alone and in hurry. I don't want waste my time because I need more times to practice. Yes, I need to improve my skill.

"Are you quiting be a volley player?" Pete comes sit in front of me. He gives me drink. I thank him.

"What are you doing with that ball?" He points at the basket ball beside me.

"Practicing. P'Puen told me to use this ball to practice with, so my arms can be more strong" He chokes and cough.

"P'Puen?" I nod, "Since when you call him P'Puen?"

"Why? His name is P'Puen so I just call him by his name. It is not weird"

"From other people's mouth it isn't weird but from you, it is different!" P'Nao comes and sit beside Pete. We look at him.

"What are you doing here, P?"

"Eating"

"I know. But why here? Why don't you eat with your fellow friends?"

"They are nowhere to be found" He sigh, "Maybe Leng go after Jern. Puen is looking for coach Win. So, I decided to eat with my two cute Nongs"

"One, P. I finish my lunch. Gotta go to practice again. Bye, P... Pete"

Pete wants to go with me too but P'Nao stop him. He grabs him and makes him sit again.

"Finish your lunch first before you leave!"