Chapter XXXVII

"I thought I might find you down here," Robin said walking up to me. I was standing out by the tree I had destroyed, "I'm assuming that you did this?" She gestured to the tree when I looked up from my hands. I was sitting on a fallen over log. I gave her a small nod.

"I was so angry that I couldn't release it there. I needed to release it out here. There's not a special place I could go to relieve that anger and pressure. I- I need control," "What about me? I have magic, too," She sat down next to me. "I know you do. I know you have magic too, but- They're never going to trust me," "And where is that coming from?"

"That is coming from the looks they gave me when I wanted to go," "But I- I stayed behind with you. They'll be just fine. You should've gone with them," "And leave you here?" She sighed. "Maybe they're right. I-I need some time to clear my head," "What are you saying?" She frowned.

A warm breeze blew around us, and I took a deep breath. "I need some time... to clear my head... Alone," I said again. "Wait, you're breaking up with me?" She choked. "No... no no no no no," I said taking her hands in mine, "I would never do that to you. I love you." "But?" "But, I need to get away for a bit. I'm a ticking time bomb, and what I did to you- that's something that I could never forgive myself for."

"So what? Are you wanting to do?" She asked. "Leave. I need some time alone. Time to clear my head. What he did to me, what he did to you... It was all my fault. All of it. I almost lost you to myself, I almost lost you to him! I love you Robin, but I- I need some time to myself. To clear my head. My thoughts aren't staying on the same route," I sighed.

"So you're leaving?" She frowned. "I need to," I nodded. "Fi, there are other ways to clear your head," She said squeezing my hands. "No, there's not, Robin. You just don't want me to leave," "Of course I don't want you to leave! Phoenix you're hurting and afraid-,"

"Don't you dare tell me what I am!" I snapped standing up and yanking my hands away from her. "Phoenix," She sighed. I realized what I did, and covered my face, "This is what I am talking about. I need- I need to go." I choked running away as fast as I could.

I can't do this anymore. I needed some time to clear my head. I needed to go away before I hurt her again.

------------------------------

Hey guys... I AM SO SORRY that it took so long for a chapter. I haven't been typically motivated because I didn't know what to do about it. I'm so sorry about this, and I hope that y'all enjoyed the chapter!

:)