Chapter XXVII

"Phoenix?" I heard Robin's voice in the back of my head. I was exhausted, I wasn't surprised to find that I had cried myself to sleep in mama's arms. Judging by the comforting mattress under me, I figured she'd brought me to bed. I felt arms around me, and one hand had been brushing my hair back. I cautiously opened my eyes, and I was starting straight into the beautiful blue-green eyes I'd been so fond of. She was watching me.

"Hey there," She smiled, "How do you feel?" "Tired, and well... guilty," I sighed closing my eyes back. I opened them again. "Well you threw a 2 almost 300 pound man across 10 feet, then you flipped a 200 pound table, then you threw a 20 pound chair, then you sobbed the rest of your energy out in the middle of the mess... in case you forgot," She chuckled and gave me an amused look.

"Well- I- uh- I'm sorry for not telling you about what happened. Frank and Suzy, they- they're the biggest demons that I've just tried to keep out of sight and mind for years." "Hey, It's okay," She sighed caressing my cheek, "Do you honestly believe what happened with Suzy was your fault?" "I killed her," "She jumped in the way expecting to die, Phoenix. You can't control your abilities. In fact, you didn't even know you had them," She assured.

"I know that, but it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty about it," "And with Frank... If there's anyone who knows how you feel, it's me. However, I didn't kill the guy who raped me... you did," She said, "Not that I'm not grateful or anything. Because I am." "How do you live with it?" "I have you," She replied quickly. It was as though she expected me to ask her that.

"It was over for years, and I don't know why it still hurts me," "Because you feel guilty about it. I promise, that once you realize that it's not your fault, you'll feel better," She said with a smile. Then she sighed, "Phoenix, please don't think that I've never trusted you. I've always trusted you."

"Can we just- skip it?" I asked. "Skip what?" "The fight, the argument. I know what's up, you know what's up... we now know everything about each other, and I want to skip the pain and sadness about it. I just need you, and I want to forget about the fight. Can we do that? Can we just- just go back to being so madly in love?" "Madly in love? I doubt we were that," She giggled. "You know what I meant," I sighed rolling my eyes.

"I don't see why we cant, but that's not going to stop you from feeling guilty about everything that's happened. Will you please just- just know that I'm here for you. That you can come and talk to me whenever you need?" She asked. "Yeah," I smiled, "But where were you when he was torturing me? Setting up our room?"

"No. I was trying to be there for you. You have no idea how hard I worked to try and find you. We couldn't. I felt useless, so I thought, 'maybe you'd want to come home to a nice room'. Then I fixed it up," She explained tears rushing down her cheeks. I sighed and wiped them away, "You know Ocean's-," "Don't rain?" She choked. "Nope," I smiled softly.

"I feel like you're going to be saying that for the rest of our lives," "Yep," I smiled, "Your eyes are the perfect shade of blue and green. Just like the ocean. So when the tears fall, it's unusual for me to see an ocean rain. I see rain create an ocean, but not the other way around." "Technically, if you look at it scientifically, the water from the ocean evaporates-,"

"Robin, I know how the water cycle works," I laughed interrupting her, "They also create streams to flow from them, but that's not my point! My point is you're crying, and you shouldn't be." She giggled as I gave her an amused look. "Okay, I'll leave it be," She finally said. "Good," I laughed.

I let out an involuntary yawn as we laid in silence, but it was back to the good silences we used to have. The one's that neither of us wanted to break. I closed my eyes and scooted closer to her under the blanket. She chuckled a bit and held her arms around me.

"Rest, Fi Fi. Everything is going to be okay," She assured with a smile, and I felt her kiss the top of my head. "I love you Robin. You know that right?" I asked. "Yeah, Of course I do." She replied. "Good... Good," I sighed nuzzling as close as I could to her. "I love you too," She said adjusting and pulled the covers over me snugly to make me feel safe.

Soon I was dozing off... and then, I was asleep.