Chapter XXXIII

"Phoenix?! Fi, wake up! Please wake up!" I heard Robin yell from what seemed like a distance. I opened my eyes, and saw her leaning over me. Her eyes full of worry. "Ugh... I need a drink," I groaned, and she let out an audible sigh of relief. "Thank the Gods!" She said as she helped me sit up.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I stopped and studied myself. I closed my eyes and searched for any pain, but couldn't feel any. Yeah, I- I'm perfectly fine," I said with a sigh of relief. I felt really at ease in the moment.

"Seriously?" "What?" "Normally you'd say something like 'I will be'," She replied. "Well I am," I smiled contently. "Wow I- I don't think you've ever been as relaxed as you are now," She chuckled in disbelief. "What happened? What was that?" She asked.

"What? What was what?" I looked at her confused. Not remembering what happened. "Do you not remember? The lights. The little bright ball of fire and water," She explained. "Oh, that? I don't- I think it happened because we- we're meant to be together," "Really? How do you figure?" She asked helping me as I stood to my feet.

"I remember bits and pieces, but I remember someone telling me," I replied. "Uh-what? You sound crazy," She chuckled. "Just... Don't worry about it. I think we were meant to be together, so let's just not tell anyone. Okay," I said walking back to the sanctuary.

"Are you okay?" "Yeah," I said my voice lightening up a bit. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You're not really crazy, baby," She apologized. "Huh? You didn't hurt my feelings! You could never hurt my feelings!" I said giving her a sad look. I placed my hands on her biceps and kept her from turning away.

"I love you, Robin. More than anything in the world. You're my girl," "I am?" She asked. "Yes! I thought it was quite obvious since we've been together for so long," I laughed, "You're mine. And you know I'm a very stingy person."

"I love you too," She smiled. "Good. Now I'm tired, so let's go to bed and not sleep," I chuckled taking off from the ground. She followed suit and soon we were landing by the doors of the sanctuary.

I held the door open for her and bowed slightly saying, "My lady." "Dork," She stated, but blushed and giggled anyway. "You're welcome," I replied. "Very funny," She chuckled. "I know," I smiled as we walked down the hallway. "What is with you? Did you hit your head too hard?" "No. Well, actually I couldn't really answer that question. Why question it?"

"I don't know. It's just- I- I haven't seen you like this in a long time," She said, "We were just kids the last time you were this relaxed. It's kind of scaring me." "I don't mean to scare you," I frowned. "No. You're not scaring me. It's just- You're- you're different," She said. I stopped and looked at her.

She did the same and looked at me. "I know that I'm just making something out of nothing, but-," "I understand. I know what you mean." My memory coming back, I looked down the hallway and saw a few guards.

I led her back to our room, so she'd be the only one to hear what I remembered about my talk with Suzy. I told her everything that went on between the two of us... minus what she said about Robin and I after I asked her opinion. Robin took a moment to let it settle in.

"Wow, I- I didn't experience anything like that," She said looking down at her hands. "Because you're happy... well... you're trying to be. I was holding you back because I wasn't. She was right. I- I couldn't let it go. I couldn't forgive myself for what happened. So I felt that I didn't deserve you or your love," I frowned.

"How do you feel now?" "Better. A lot better. Like maybe I just needed to talk to her. Like I needed to hear what she said. I feel a lot better," She frowned and kept her gaze down. "What's wrong?" "I just- do you need me? Do you still love me?"

"Robin, I love you. More than anything in the world. You're mine, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. And no matter how much I don't say it... I need you, Robin. I can't go on without you. If you ever left me, Gods forbid, I'd die," I took her hand in mine, and she looked up at me with a small smile, "Robin... you are my everything."