Chapter 34: Found

~Hunter's POV~

I have been waiting for years for this exact moment. It has been so freaking long till I last touched her, I just want her back into my arms. What if she doesn't recognize me? What if she completely forgot me? What if-No, no more what if's. I need to bring her home.

These are the thoughts running through my head since they told me they had founded her. I honestly don't know what to do when I see her. Would I hold her? Would I lock her up to ensure that this will never happen again? I doubt she would let me do that. A smile appeared on my face as thought about her spunky personality.

I continued walking down the hallway as I headed to my office, where I assume everyone is waiting for my next order.

I walked in and everyone's head snapped towards me.

"Let's get down to business. Harper, you will lead the rescue since you are my head tracker as Charlie, you and the top 20 warriors of your choosing will follow Harper and I to the location. Any questions?" I said.

"Alpha, if I may, who is this girl we are searching for?" Denis asked.

"A very important girl that means the world to me." I replied looking him dead in the eye. " Now if that is all, lets head out."

We have been running for an hour now in our wolves, and we are still in my territory. Just another hour and a half and we will be on unclaimed land, which Harper believes she will be.

As we kept on running, I replayed the day I first lost her. The day I completely changed.

October 31, Halloween, Pack house

Lynne and I were running around in our Halloween costumes. We were just 8 years old. She was dressed as Freddy Krueger. She was a unique girl, she played with dolls, but one day she just stopped and didn't care for them. I was dressed up as Jason, to be able to match her costume. We were in the garden of the pack house which is in the backyard. We were by the pond playing with the frogs and the fishes. We were so curious about the world. We were quite adventurous then.

We were playing around for 10 minutes till I saw a exquisite butterfly. Lynne was obviously fascinated by it too, as she immediately started chasing it. It started flying towards the forest behind the garden and Lynne continued trying to catch it. I realized she was going to far, further than we are allowed to.

"Lynne!" I called for her trying to get her to stop, but she wouldn't listen. I ran after her trying to catch up, I tried again. "Lynne!"

She turned around and looked at me, she giggled and continued chasing the butterfly.

From a distance, I can hear the alarm that rogues are in the perimeter and that made me rush even harder to get her. I sped up using all my strength.

Out of nowhere, a dirty, bloody, ugly wolf came in front of her making her halt. I heard her scream and stopped as I saw the wolf change back into his human.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The rogue said. Lynne was walking backwards slowly. He noticed and grabbed her by bicep making her let out a shriek. He took a whiff of her scent and smile a sinister smile.

"Jackpot."

"Let her go!" I yelled as I ran toward him trying to reach her. He only smiled as he back handed me into a tree. I shook it off as I tried again. I jumped on his back as he let go of her for a quick second. "Run!" I screamed at her. "I'm not leaving you!" she yelled at me.

The rogue grabbed me from his back and threw me to another tree. I scratched him hard enough to leave him a scare on his cheek. I whimpered, my body ached. Her eyes widen as she ran towards me, but the rogue grabbed her a threw her over his shoulder. I tried to get up, desperately trying to get to her. I couldn't, my body was shutting down. "Lynne" I whispered one last time.

Before I blacked out, I can see her pounding on his back with tears vigorously falling down her face as she screamed my name. I howled a weak howl, hopping someone will hear.

I heard my dad's howl signaling he was close, the rogue smiled before he ran to the way where it heads out to unclaimed territory. I heard her yell my name one last time before I completely blacked out.

I remember waking up in the hospital with my parents crying.

"I tried to save her, I really did!" I told them. Begging for them to believe me.

My dad just shook his head and walked out. My mother only went to sit next to my bedside. She grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"I know baby, rest. "

I yawned "I tried, I tried." I repeated till I fell asleep.

Everything went down from there. My father barely spooked to me. Only gave me a cold stare. He loved her more than me. She was his favorite.

I shook my head as I heard harper say that we are close.

I saw the shine of the sun rays peeping though some trees. I tried to see what was there, as my vision became more clearer, I saw it was a body. I gasped as I can towards the body.

"STOP!" Denis yelled at me. I came to a sudden halt and turned around. "What?!?"

"It's a trap." He said, coming closer to investigate. "How do you know?" I retorted.