Chapter 33: Her

~Hunter's POV~

It has bee a few hours since I sent the search to go look for her. My wolf is itching to go and find her, but I have a mate to look after. I immediately feel guilty for leaving her like that.

She'll forgive me after I make her breakfast in bed.

I head towards the kitchen and start taking out eggs, milk, waffle mix and some fruits and vegetables. I started making the mix for both some omelets and waffles.

After I finished making everything, I start to plate them on a tray and grab some orange juice for us. I started heading up after putting everything away. It's now 11:30 and I can hear the shower turning off.

I go and lay the tray on the nightstand. I hear some commotion before the bathroom door finally opens and I saw Catherine all dressed up in some white shorts, a black short sleeve and a red flannel around her slim waist.

She was rubbing her hair with a towel as she walked out. She nodded in my direction and threw the towel into the basket of dirty clothes. She came walking to me and sat on the bed.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey. I brought you food." I told her as I pointed to the nightstand where both our foods are.

"Thanks."

Something's off. She's only replying with a short answer.

She's upset dumbass. You left her at night and just came back. That's pretty sketchy. Jax said

Shit, She probably thinks I cheated on her.

No shit, Captain Obvious.

I don't need your sass. I told him as blocked him off from saying anything else.

I looked at Cat before taking a breath.

"I had to go talk to my parents. "

She looked at me with a questioning look.

"One of our pack mates went missing a few years back. I saw her in the middle of an opening when I was dreaming. It could have been a vision. Or I can just be interpreting everything wrong, either way, I have to try and find her."

"Who is she to you?" Cat asked while her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Someone very important." I can't tell her. Not yet.

She nodded her head. I can see the wheels in her head slowly turning until she just shook her head and grabbed the tray. She starts to eat and I sigh.

I move towards her on sat her on my lap. She shifts her body a little and starts to feed me as I lay my chin on top of hers.

Its been 6 hours since this morning. I am currently in my office with a profound amount of paper work that is almost down.

I stand up and go to the filing cabinet and take out her file. I got back to my desk and just stare at it. I look to the side and see her picture from when we were younger.

My heart clenched as I brought the picture closer to examine it. It felt like I was staring at it for an hour, I snapped out of the trance as I heard a gentle knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door creaked open as Cat walked in.