Chapter 22: The Twins

Dedicated to @ItsTiffanyBiatches

The twins^^^^^^

~Hunter's POV~

I've been looking for Catherine for 1 and a half hours now. I just can't seem to find her. I had a brilliant idea or maybe it was a dumb one. I was going to give her an apology, but the way I was going to do it seems to cliché.

I already asked her sister if she knew where she was and she obviously doesn't know where she is. The only other 2 people who will know where she is her Mom and Alpha. Alpha it is.

I went to the pack house; they seem to be there a lot. I followed his scent and saw him sitting in the living room cuddling with Skylar; a girl from my pack. I assume is his mate.

I cleared my throat and they jumped apart and snapped their heads to my direction.

"May we help you?" Alpha Travis ask annoyingly, probably because I ruined cuddle time with his mate. I would be too.

"Have you seen Catherine ? I've been looking for her for a while and I can't seem to find her." I told them.

As if he just remembered something, his mouth made an "o" shape.

"Oh I know where she is. Thanks for reminding me." Travis said. It looked like he was mind-linking someone or more than one.

Out of nowhere Skylar started hitting him.

"Why..." hit  "didn't..."  hit  "you..."  hit "tell..." hit "me!" She screeched.

I am beyond confused.

"What's happening?" I questioned.

"She didn't tell you? " He asked confused.

"Tell me what?" I said getting pretty angry that my wolf and I  can't or touch my mate.

"Well, apparently the stress got to her and she said she needed a break. So, she is leaving for a week." He said casually.

'No one ever tell us anything about our mate' Jax said angrily.

"I know right." I told him back.

"Where is she?" I asked menacingly.

"Can't say, she wanted to be left alone unless its an emergency. " He told me sheepishly.

"Ugh"

I left and slam the door shut. this is so frustrating.

~Catherine's POV~

I went to my cousins Peggy and Penelope house. They were 20 year old twins. Also my favorite cousins of all time. They were a few months older than me but we were always close. They own their own restaurant. Its called 'Pegs&Penny'.

I went up to the door and made sure no one was watching as I did our secret knock.

I heard people screaming as the door was suddenly yanked open and I was in a bone crushing hug.

"Can't.....bre..ath" I told them. They let me go and screamed again.

"I can't believe you're here." Peggy said.

"When we heard the secret knock, we freaked cause you haven't visited for so long." Penny than said after.

"I know and im sorry! I need a place to crash, can I stay with you for a few days?" I asked.

"Of course!" They said at the same time.

Freaky.

"Come in." Penny said.