Chapter 17

~Catherine's POV~

I grabbed a branch before falling to my death.

I saw Hunter move over the edge.

"Help!" I screamed to Hunter.

He looked down at me and sigh i relief.

"Hold on!" He said before disappearing.

"Hunter" i screamed. "I can't hold on!" I told him as more tears fall down my face.

"Hold on, i got a rope!"

"Please hurry."

He drops the ripe and i try to grab it.

"I can't reach it!"

"Jump!"

"Are you crazy! I might not reach it!"

"Trust me, please."

I hope this works. As im about to jump, air starts pushing me up to reach the rope. I grab it and look down. I saw my real mother looking at me with a smile. I smile back.

Hunter starts pulling me back up. I climb over the cliff just to be trap in a bone crushing hug.

"Please don't scare me like that again!" He say as he cries on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

Why is he crying? I thought Alphas don't cry because it shows weakness. Wait... Am i his weakness?

We stay like that for hours. Just embracing each other.

The sun starts going down and we both walked back to the pack house. It was an awkward silence between us, because if what just happened.

•Me trying to commit suicide
•Me slipping when moving away from the cliff and almost dying
•us embracing each other

Wow. What a crazy day.

~Hunter's POV~

I can't believe i almost lost her. I never thought that it would get this far that she would want to end her life.

"Where are you? Have you seen Catherine? She left for 5 hours!" My beta Jonathan mind-linked me.

"Shes with me..." I told him. I guess my voice was still shaken up.

"Whats wrong?" He asked, as worried laced his voice.

"Catherine tried to end everything." I said, my voice cracking at the end.

"What do you mean?"

"Suicide, she tried to commit suicide." I told him.

"Oh. I-i got to go and tell her Alpha that, uh, bye."

I turn around and saw that Catherine was talking to her wolf. As i glanced at her, i can help but hate him and her.

Who you may ask.

It's obvious.

My parents.