[3] The Tense Between Us

Start from the beginning

*****

*****

The evening practice is starting. We start with warm up then do spike. I will be the setter for all of them.

That cold senior is the first one to try. I set his the ball, he spikes it but the ball doesn't pass the net. I set the ball for him again but it doesn't pass the net. It happens for several times. Coach Win get angry of us, me and that cold senior.

 Coach Win get angry of us, me and that cold senior

"Haven't made a single score yet?! Once more... Tar!"

He passes the ball to Tar who passes it to me then I set it for that cold senior. He jumps but catches the ball, not spikes it. He throws the ball angrily.

 He throws the ball angrily

Everyone looks at him. Coach Win has some words to him.

"Puen, don't ever do that again in front of me!"

"Can you two try to sync your timing together? You can't scoring during an attack games like this, how are you gonna beat any teams?"

Everyone goes silent. No one dares to answer his question. Well, he is right. We can't win if the way we play is so dumb like this.

 We can't win if the way we play is so dumb like this

"Five minutes recess!"

Everyone dismiss, goes to the bench. Have some drinks and gain back their energies. But that cold senior comes to me, provokes me.

"Is that really hard to set the ball than I can hit?"

"This is how I always set the ball. The other don't have problems with it but you. When are you gonna stop being biased?"

"I am not biased. But i can't play if you keep set the ball like this"

"So, how do you want me to do it?"

"You have to set the ball for me to spike. But if you can't set it for me to spike, then why I need a setter for? Just admit you are just suck!"

"You have taken this too far!"

"Puen" P'Nao tries to stop him.

"What? Did I say something wrong? Why? Are you mad? If you can't accept it, just go home then!"

"I won't go anywhere"

"But I am not letting you stay. Just go back to you mommy, kid!"

"Hey, do you have a problem with me?" I push him back and he keep pushes me back.

"Now, I know why St. Sebastian didn't accept you" he smirks, "Such a loser!"

The way he smirk makes me boil. I can't hold any longer the anger I get from him. I punch him. He wants to fight me back but other seniors stop me. Same as my friends, they stop me to fight. Coach Win comes and tells us to stop but no one is listening them. He throws a bunch of the balls between us. It makes us stop.

Now we, me and the cold senior, have a punishment from coach Win. He makes us do squats jump. We feel tired but he doesn't let us rest.

"Volley ball is a team game. It isn't you are doing your own thing. I will punish you. I am benching both of you at Surat Thani match!"

We stop doing squats jump when we hear what he said. Our eyes is wide open. We look at him.

"Who said to stop?" he yells, "Continue!"

"But coach..."

"You can leave!"

"Coach, I want to..." that cold senior get cut by the coach.

"I told you, go!"

I leave with disappointment

I leave with disappointment. The anger in me is faded away. I am so disappoint with myself right now.

I kick an empty botol in front of me then sit on the bench in the yard. Someone sits beside me and gives me chocolate bar.

"Thanks!"

"I don't know what to say to cheer you up"

"It is okay, Pete. I am fine. Don't worry"

"Yeah, I can see how fine you are right now"

I sigh. He is right, I am not feeling right. I am angry and at the same time I feel disappoint with myself. Someone comes and sits beside him.

"Two cute juniors sit together" he says.

"I am handsome, P. Not cute!" I tell him.

"Same to me, I am handsome too. Not cute, P!"

"Too bad then. I can't make a move on you two"

Is he joking? With his cheeky smile, yeah I am sure he is joking.

"Stop teasing us, P!" Pete tells him.

"Well, let see if I am joking or not, Nong Pete"

"Oi Nao!" P'Leng calls him. We look at him. Beside him is standing the cold senior who has fight with me. We stare each other. It is like stare fighting. No one wants to lose.

"It is time to go" he gets up, "And Than, I am sorry for what Puen said to you. I hope you can make up with him soon"

"I don't know P. I can't promise you" He sighes.

"You two are such a stubborn. Please, just try okay?" he is pleading, "And see you later, Nong Pete"

Then he leaves us, back fo his senior group.

"Is he flirting with us?" Pete asks.

"Us? No. It is only you. He is flirting with you!"

"Should I turn to be gay for him?"

Huh? Facepalm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Another update
Sorry, it seems so slow
Well, I don't want to rush of anything
I want to build their relationship step by step, slow but sure 😉

And I have good news for you
I make another story about our favorite couple, Copper and Oh 😉
I have made some draft about it
I will post it in next year, 2018, which is tomorrow!!! 😁

I need to work my brain more hard because I make two stories at the same time
Wish me luck 😇😇

Before I forget,
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Xoxo