Chapter Fourteen

Katsuki's POV

I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket. All Might has been texting me nonstop for the past hours.

"How is Midoriya?"

"Have you had to use the tranquilizers yet?"

I sighed. All Might truly loved Deku. It made my stomach twist with envy at the thought of that.

I rolled my eyes and hit the dial button. It was as if he was waiting for the call because he picked up in seconds.

"Young Bakkugo? Is everything alright?" A worried All Might asked.

"Yeah...I guess..."

"What happened?"

"None of your damn business!" I snapped. Deku rustled on the couch in his sleep.

"Bakkugo..."

"Ugh! Fine!" I yelled, hitting the man with all the sass I could muster up. "I had to give him an injection because he was opening his cuts again. What bothers me is that, right before he was out, he called me a villain."

All Might was quiet for a moment, before letting out a sigh. "Young Bakkugo, you are not a villain. I understand that Young Midoriya would see it that way, but it's really not. You are helping him in ways that he can't understand right now."

"Right..." I sighed, half-joking. I wasn't convinced. I told him that I didn't care if he saw me as a villain, but that wasn't true.

His words stung. Like putting lotion on a sunburn. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a hero. I always bullied Deku and told him he could never be a hero because I was going to be his hero.

"Well, Young Todoroki and Young Uraraka went to the police with Aizawa. We are hoping to send professional heroes to Midoriya's house to capture the villain. I and the teachers will join them shortly. Will you be able to hold the fort for two more days?"

"I think so..." I said, uncertainty plaguing my tone.

"Young Bakkugo, thank you for this."

"Of course, All Might."

All Might hung up the phone. Tears streamed down from my eyes. I was so stupid!

I am the worst, aren't I?

---------------------------------------------------------

Izuku's POV

I awoke with a jolt. It was dark, and the air around me was cold. I sat up, the blanket that was draped over me fell onto the floor.

I looked around. My memory was hazy, but I believed I was in the same place I was before. Kacchan.

I looked around for the boy, finding him passed out by the shambled bed. I knew I had to leave, and it would be best to do it while he was sleeping. Still, I felt compelled to place a blanket over his figure.

I crept out of the house, making sure to take some of the supplies from the backpack. Who knows what's out there.

I walked outside in the cold. I shivered as I walked, but I told myself to endure it. It was so dark, I could only make out a few flowers in front of me.

My feet screamed in agony after a while. I was exhausted. I looked at my phone. I've walked for two hours.

My legs were noodles. I knew it wouldn't be long before I collapsed and had to risk Kacchan catching up to me. I had to get as far away from him as I could. He is a villain. Villains are bad news.

I walked another hour before I came across a tall figure in the distance. I wobbled on my feet. Relief washed over me. Finally! I can get help!

In my attempt to run towards the man, I tripped on something on the ground. I fell towards the ground. A pair of strong arms caught me and lowered me towards the ground.

"Are you alright, sir?" The man asked. I tried to look at his face, but it was too dark to make out any of his features.

"I think so..." I said. I tried to stand up, but my legs went numb and I dove into his arms again. "I...can't walk."

"Probably fatigue," he said. He picked me up in a bridal position. "I'll carry you to my house. You can spend the night there."

"Sure..." I nodded. "Thank you, sir."

Before he took a step, I heard a low chuckle come from his chest. I peered at him in confusion.

"Sir?"

"Stupid Izuku..." He laughed. "Hasn't your mother taught you not to trust strangers?"

"What?" I looked at his features as they came into view. His green eyes peered down at me; a smile curved on his lips. And that smell...I knew that smell from anywhere. "...Father?"

"Deku!!!!!!" A voice boomed from behind us. Father pivoted to find Kacchan running towards us.

"Kacchan?!" I yelled back.

Father scoffed. "Great...You again."

Kacchan caught up with us and started to pant, quickly recovering and standing to oppose Father.

"Where are you planning on taking him?!" Kacchan sneered.

"Why does it fucking matter to you?" Father yelled.

Kacchan clenched his fists. A thought crossed my mind then. Is Kacchan really the bad guy?

"Kacchan!" I yelled. Father grabbed my mouth and tied a handkerchief around it.

"That's enough talking from you! Don't you dare bite your tongue! I need you alive."

"Let him go, bastard!" Kacchan yelled.

"Oh? Why should I? You're just a child."

"Is that a threat?"

"Maybe."

"Oh, you will regret ever saying that shit!"

"Will I?" Father chuckled evilly.

Kacchan raised his hand to use his quirk on Father, but Father hit him first with a burst of fire.

"Kac-" I nearly choked while trying to call out to him. Father laughed. I recoiled in fear, but I couldn't seem to get away from him.

Kacchan was sprawled on the floor, willing his muscles to sit up. Father turned to me with a hint of anger in his eyes. "Come on, Izuku. Let us go meet All Might."

I shook in fear. The reason Father was doing all this...was because I knew All Might's weakness!

I struggled against him, but he could never seem to let go. I took one last look at Kacchan, who was struggling to get onto his feet.

Tears fell from my eyes. Father seemed to notice them and sighed. "You are one difficult little bitch."

And in a flash, we were gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Katsuki's POV

I struggled to my feet, them screaming in agony at every try. I screamed and felt my dry cheeks grow wet.

Deku was gone. I had failed. I was no hero! I would never be a hero. How could I be, if I couldn't even save my boyfriend from this?

I pulled out my phone and dialed for All Might, who picked up without hesitation.

"Young Bakkugo?"

"All Might..." I cried. "Deku..he's gone!"