Chapter Four

(A/n: shit goes down in this chapter.)

Izuku's POV

A month earlier

"Father is coming home?!" I exclaimed. Mom nodded tears in her eyes.

I was so excited! I haven't seen Father in ten years. He left for his work when I was four, leaving Mom to raise me alone.

Finally, he was coming back! My Father... Midoriya Hisashi.

Mom and I spend the whole day cooking. We made the best chocolate with strawberry filling cake ever! I decorated the cake with frosting shaped like flowers while Mom wrote the words "welcome home" on the top.

It was finally time to see my father again. Mom and I hid in the corners of the front door, holding buckets of confetti. As we waited for the door to open, I texted my best friends Uraraka and Ilda, "my dad's coming home!"

The lock turned and the door opened with a creak. A scruffy man came into view. His brown hair was tangled in knots; his brown trousers torn in parts; a red scarf wrapped snugly around his neck; dark circles under his eyes.

Nevertheless, I jumped up to greet him. "Father!" I yelled, leaping into his arms. His reflexes were quick, he caught me and hugged me tightly.

"My boy!" Father exclaimed. "How big you've gotten! How old are you now?"

"Fourteen! I'm in high school!" I smiled as he set me down.

"Welcome home, my love," Mom greeted, tears leaking out her eyes. The two embraced each other insincerity. Mom was about to pull him into a kiss, but he pulled away last second.

"So, what has changed since I've been gone?"

"Well, we had to sell lots of things while you were out," Mom replied, clearly hurt by the rejected kiss. "Ummm. Izuku got accepted into U.A...."

"What?!"

"Izuku got into..."

"My quirkness son got into such a prestigious high school?! Color me impressed!"

"Thank you, Father," I smiled. Finally, it felt like our family was complete.

Mom brought in a cake and some green tea. She set the teacups on the table and poured the tea. Father smiled and pulled out a bag full of cubed sugar from his bag.

"Here love, I brought back some antique sugar," Father said, putting one cube in Mom's tea and one in his own. He turned to me. "Izuku, do you want some?"

I shook my head. "I'm not much of a sucker for sweet things."

Father shrugged his shoulders, "Suit yourself."

Mom sat down. She put her hand on Father's. "We made the cake for you, dear. Izuku did the frosting and I did the baking. Hope it suits your needs."

Father nodded, handing the bag of sugar to me. I hesitantly took it and stared at it. Something about it felt off.

Father took out a camera and started filming. "Why are you filming, Father?" I asked.

"It's the first time our family has been together in ten years!" Father exclaimed. "I want to remember this moment!"

Mom took a sip of her tea. "I agree!" She exclaimed. Then she started to cough. She fell out of her chair and threw up all over the floor. "Mom!" I rushed to her.

"Izu...Izuku....I.....Lov...Love....Yo..." Mom stammered, saliva rushing to her mouth and spilling out.

"Mom! Stay with me! Mommm!"

"I love you, Izuku..." Mom breathed. Then, her eyes went blank and her pulse went.

She was gone.

"Noooooooo! Mommmmmmm!!" I yelled, tears rolled down my face without hesitation.

I ran up to the phone and started to dial, but a cold hand pulled it away from me.

"What did you do?! What did you do to my mom?!" I demanded.

Father chuckled evilly. "What? You think I did this? No, I would never do such a thing to my lovely wife. All the proof is here on this very camera. The one who killed Midroyia Inko was none other than her son: Midoryia Izuku!"

Fear flashed through me. No way! He really is a villain!

"That's a lie!" I yelled. Father placed his index finger on my lip.

"Be my lap dog, and I will keep this evidence a secret," Father smiled evilly. "If not, I will release this to the police. Then, your dreams of becoming a hero will be crushed."

No way! He'd go that far? Oh lord, help me. Help me All Might! Uraraka! Ilda! Todoroki! Tsui! Someone!

Father approached me and flicked my forehead. He pulled out a collar and chain from his bag.

I stood there frozen in fear, letting him put the thing on. Moments later there was a tight metal object choking my neck.

"Come now, my puppy."

I closed my eyes and clenched my fists. I followed Father wherever he pulled me. God, I was pathetic. Letting a villain control me in this way.

I suddenly hit something hard and opened my eyes. My face was on Father's chest.

Father rose his hand above my head, and suddenly I was laying on the floor. My head felt like it was splitting open.

Father peered at me, his eyes seemingly glowing red. "Don't you know? Dogs don't bump their masters."

His hand rose to my chest. It burned. I could see smoke rising above me. I clenched my eyes closed in an attempt to block out the pain.

Help me... Kacchan!