Chapter Eleven

(A/N: Fair warning, this chapter gets really dark. There is some violence. Read at your own risk.)

Katsuki's POV

What was this emotion? My chest burned; my eyes were filled with tears. I saw him. Deku. He was at school!

I had come in early to meet with All Might. I never expected to see Deku laying his head on his desk.

"Deku!" I yelled. He didn't flinch. I went up to him and shook his shoulders. He rose his head in confusion.

What was the hell wrong with him? Did he do something?! That bastard!

"Are you talking to me?" Deku asked, in a daze. He was emotionless.

"Yes, you," I said, a little more demanding than I desired.

"You could have called my name."

"What the hell are you saying...Izuku?" His name felt so weird on my lips. So unnatural. But, he hasn't ever been picky about what I called him. Why was he now?

"Can I ask you something?" He asked, tears welling up in his eyes. Deku...

"Of course, nerd."

"Who...who are you?"

I gasped.

Fear pierced through me. "You...You d-don't know w-who I am?" I stammered.

He shook his head. "Are you new here? I've never seen you before."

"I-"

The door opened, making the both of us turn. Uraraka peered in the doorway. "Deku!" She yelled, running to hug him. Deku smiled and hugged her back.

"Uraraka!"

"Are you alright, Deku?" She asked, pulling away. Tenya and Todoroki come in, followed by the rest of the class.

"I'm great!" Deku smiled. Everyone crowded around him, greeting him and checking he was okay.

I sat at my desk, waiting for the teachers. Will All Might be able to help me? I had to wonder, why is Deku feinting he doesn't know me? Did his father do something to him?

Aizawa and All Might came in, telling everyone to sit down. All Might turned and smiled at me before turning to Deku.

"Young Midoriya, are you alright?" All Might asked. Deku stood up in the embarrassed manner he usually had.

"Yes."

"Thanks to Bakkugo's hard work, we were able to track down the villain tormenting his home life," Aizawa explained in his usual lax attitude.

"We will save you from him, Midoriya," All Might smiled, giving a thumbs-up.

Deku was quiet and looked down at his hands laying on his desk. "Save..me? From who?"

"Your father," All Might answered. He kept his smile, but I could tell he was puzzled. So you've noticed it too?

Deku's eyes widened and he abruptly stood. "Midoriya? Are you alright?" Tenya asked.

"No..." he breathed.

"Deku?" I asked, not caring to shun my worry.

"Don't...Don't do it..." Deku yelled, hyperventilating. He pulled up his left sleeve, revealing fresh red cuts. "Don't hurt him...."

"Young Midoriya!" All Might yelled, his legs slowly moving towards the boy. Deku's eyes fill with fear and he screams. He ran to the back of the classroom and crouched down in the corner. He takes his right hand and pinches his fingers into the wounds. They open again, blood spilling onto the floor.

I tried to remain calm. My fault...

"Kacchan! I won't...I won't..l-let you bully him!"

My fault...

"Kacchan!!!"

My fault...

"Did you ever love me, Kacchan?"

"Stay back everyone!" All Might yelled. He nodded to Aizawa and turned towards Deku once more. Aizawa rushed out of the room.

"Deku! Stop doing this!" I yelled, moving towards All Might. I was going to help Deku, even if All Might was against it.

"Don't hurt him! I won't let you!" He yelled. He flicked his fingers. A gust of wind blew through the room, wrecking havoc throughout the room. Everyone crowded near the front of the room. They were calm. Trusting.

Thanks, guys.

I used my quirk to keep the flying desks off me as I proceeded towards Deku. All Might shouted at me to stop, but I didn't listen. I approached him. His eyes filled with a murderous intent.

I chuckled. You almost look like me.

"DON'T HURT HIM!!!" Deku screamed, preparing to use his full-powered quirk on me. I closed my eyes ready to take the blow. It didn't come.

I opened my eyes. Aizawa was standing behind Deku, syringe in hand. Blood poured down his neck as he fell to the ground.

I caught him midair and lowered him to the ground. I put his hand on my lap.

Deku was struggling to keep his eyes open. He reached his arm slowly up to my cheek and rubbed it.

"Kacchan?" He asked, tears running down his face and plopping onto my leg.

I nodded calmly. I wished deep down that I could help him more, but I knew I couldn't. I felt so helpless.

"Kacchan...d-do you l-love m-m-me?" Deku stuttered.

I smiled. "Of course I do, nerd."

"S-show m-me."

I hesitated for a moment. Then I realized: The only thing I can do for him is be there.

I lifted up Deku's head to my face, putting my lips on his. He tasted like the flowers on a spring day. Like fresh grapes picked off the stem.

I pulled back, letting Deku collapse back on my knees. He gave me a short and sweet smile before closing his eyes and going limp. He seemed so peaceful and tranquil while he was sleeping. It was quite the contrast from how he was acting the past few minutes.

I smiled at his sleeping form for a few minutes before picking him up and turning to the class.

Warmth rushed up to my cheeks when I realized that they were watching me. They knew that I kissed him... Shit.

All Might smiled towards me. "Quite the show you put on, Young Bakkugo."

I turned into a red apple.

"Don't worry, we won't let that villain have Midoriya," he assured me. "We will hide him here, and keep him unharmed."

I nodded.

"And then...we will end this."

(A/N: That was a ride! Well, I tried to add some fluff in the next chapters to make up for this violent chapter. Hope you all enjoy the story so far!)