Chapter Thirteen

Izuku's POV

I spit out all of my water. "L-l-l-lovers?!" I shuddered. Heat rushed to my cheeks as I looked to this "Katsuki" for confirmation.

"Yep. We are lovers," he smiled, sounding embarrassed himself.

I shook my head. There's no way this guy's my boyfriend. He's too brash.

"What? You don't believe me?" He chuckled, before standing up. "Before you say anything: yes, I know, the air here is terrible."

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to keep you safe," he smiled, before turning towards a large backpack on the floor.

"Safe?"

"Yeah. If you struggle, I'll be forced to tickle you!" He laughed. I tried to give a smile back, but it was hard. This man was as good as a stranger to me. Could I really trust him?

"'Bakkugo Katsuki', was it?" I asked. "And my name is..."

"Midoriya Izuku," he finished.

"Okay..." I whispered. Tears welled up in my eyes. Why am I crying? Why am I such a crybaby?

I let the tears fall. I clenched my eyes closed. I wanted to feel safe. But...I never would be...would I?

Warmth wrapped around my body. I opened my eyes to meet Katsuki's chest. My face burned red. "Katsuki?!"

"Don't cry, you stupid Deku," he said harshly. However, I could hear the softness in his voice. He means it.

"But-"

"No buts, just...stay close to me..."

"Okay...Kacchan..." I gasped. "Oh sorry, that just slipped through my mouth! I-"

"It's alright," he chuckled. His warm breath tickled my ear. "That's what you used to call me."

I laughed. I swear my hands moved by themselves because they were now wrapped around Kacchan's waist. Tears dripped from my eyes, my nose stuffy.

"You're so warm..." I whispered in his ear. His face grew a bright pink, making me chuckle a little.

"And you are a crybaby."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I know."

Kacchan pulled me off the couch, and I fell on top of him on the floor. I bonked my head on his.

"Ow..." I breathed.

Kacchan stared at me, blush rising up his face. Temptation pierced his features.

"W-what are you doing, K-Kacchan...?" I asked. I was sure my face looked like a tomato.

Kacchan raised his hands up my chest. His fingers outlined the abes under my shirt. He raised his hands towards my face. He cupped my red cheeks with his hands. His thumbs played with my lips, opening and closing them slightly in a fashioned order.

"Kacchan..." I breathed. Our hot breaths blew in each other's faces.

Kacchan pulled my face into his. Within seconds, our lips were touching. So many colors flooded my vision just then.

"Do you love me, Kacchan?"

"Of course I do."

"Then, show me."

Sweet, spicy. He was everything I've ever tasted.

"What's wrong, Deku?"

"I-"

"Come here, nerd... Keep close to me."

We broke apart, leaving me to my thoughts. Kacchan's face was bright red. "Sorry! I didn't know what came over me! I-"

My laughing cut him off. "Look who's apologizing now."

Kacchan laughed at me.

"I remembered something, Kacchan," I said after we were done laughing. "I'm not sure when it was, probably preschool. It was naptime, and I couldn't sleep. I started to cry. And, you told me to come cuddle with you."

"Man, you really remember the weird parts of our relationship," Kacchan chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

But, something still bothers me.

A small raincloud of doubt follows me. I know I'm forgetting something, but what?

Then, it hit me.

"Yes, Izuku. He will kill you. I will save you. You are indebted to me."

My old man's voice rung in my head. I pulled my arms to my face. I heard Kacchan ask if I was alright, but I didn't answer.

I looked at my arm. Red gashes covered all the way up until it hit my shoulder blade.

Cut marks.

I scratched it, opening up the wounds again. Blood plopped onto the floor.

He broke me.

He fucking broke me.

"He's your enemy, Izuku. He will try to kill you."

"If I can't love Kacchan, I need to block out the pain. I know what I can do!"

"He fucking killed me!"

A strong arm pulled me out of my daze. He pulled my arms apart, showing the bloody wounds.

Kacchan's face furrowed in disgust. "Deku! Are you alright?!"

I stared at him, my vision growing fuzzy. "Y-y-you hurt m-m-me..."

Kacchan nodded with guilt. "I know..."

"You t-tried to k-k-kill-"

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry, really."

"Father told me to stay away from you b-because y-y-you are a v-v-villain!" I yelled. I moved my arm towards my other and scratched again.

Kacchan grabbed my arm and held me back. "I understand, Deku. In all seriousness, I don't care if you see me as a villain. I don't care if you hate me. All I want...is for you to be safe."

"LET GO OF ME, BITCH!" I yelled.

Kacchan shook his head. "Deku, I'm so sorry. But, I can't let you hurt yourself like this." Kacchan pulled me into an embrace, stunning me for a moment.

"Kacchan..."

I felt a sharp pain in my back. My vision blurred, but I was able to make out a syringe in Kacchan's hands. I took one last look at his face. Tears fell down his face. He mouthed an apology. I raised my hand to use my quirk on his face, but my world went black before I could flick my fingers.

You're sure a villain, Kacchan.

"I know, Deku."