Chapter Twelve

Katsuki's POV

What the hell have I gotten myself into? Am I truly a hero in training? Abducting Deku like this...it's more of a villainous move than a heroic one.

I wasn't sure where we were going. All Might was driving this car we were in somewhere. He said it would be better if I had no idea where we were.

We hit a speed bump, and Deku's rattled up and down in my lap. I caressed his green hair. It was in disarray, from the outburst this morning. His breathing was shallow, his chest rising and falling slowly.

I smiled. Deku. What the hell am I going to do with you?

I was pretty sure everyone in class 1-A hated me. I mean, I kissed Deku in front of the entire class. Uraraka and Todoroki were extremely unpleased (probably an understatement), and everyone else was just against us being gay.

All Might was quiet since I did that. His facial expression was always blank. Was he mad? Why is he so quiet?

The car abruptly slammed on the breaks, making me and Deku jerk up. Deku groaned a little bit but was seemingly still unconscious.

"Young Bakkugo, we are here," All Might said. He unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door to the back, where we were sitting. I put Deku into a piggyback stance on my back and came out.

All Might led us up a large hill. I wasn't sure where we were. There was a small dirt road that stopped right where he parked the car. The terrain was full of grass, spotted with patches of flowers. The smell of honeysuckle filled the air. Not a building in sight. A rabbit brushed on my leg.

"Scram!" I yelled, kicking the rabbit's side. It looked frightened and ran away, ducking for cover in the grass.

Now I really feel like a villain.

As we walked, a small wooden structure came into view. It was completely out of shape. Two windows were in the front, both broken. The door was missing a hinge, so it was maneuvered in a weird way.

All Might opened the door lightly, making another hinge come off. I cringed as the door nearly fell on All Might's head, though he caught it before it did.

He motioned me to come in. I nodded and readjusted Deku before going inside.

The inside was in much more disarray than the outside. The supposed floor was all torn, showing patches of grass. The wall was filthy. The very little amount of furniture remaining was tattered, torn, or downright disgusting. The bench, housing a bird's nest and a few rats, was ready to crack at any moment.

And the smell. Oh God, don't get me started on that. It was toxic, totally inhabitable.

"Where are we?" I asked All Might, who was picking up the shambles of a broken bed.

"My late master's old house," All Might sighed. "She always loved seclusion."

"And we are here because...?"

"It was the only place I could think of to go to hide him," he explained. "Hopefully, he will be safe here."

I nodded and looked for a place to set Deku down. All Might watched me with solemn in his eyes.

"Young Bakkugo, can I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure, I guess." I found a sturdy enough couch and laid Deku down. I placed a blanket over his skinny figure and turned to face All Might.

"Can you stay here with him? I will tell your mother that you went to a friends' for a project."

"Why would you want me to? I mean, you are much more experienced, and you clearly are much better at fighting..."

"But you love him, don't you? Your earlier gesture sure showed it."

I blushed a little. "Yeah..."

"Then, leave the political stuff to me," All Might smiled, giving me a thumbs-up. "You worry about keeping Young Midoriya safe."

"I will!"

After All Might left, I scavenged the supplies All Might gave us.

More tranquilizers.

I looked in Deku's way, who was seeming to stir awake.

I'm so sorry, my love.

---------------------------------------------------------

Izuku's POV

I groaned as warmth hit my face. The smell was unfamiliar. Like honey, mixed with a burning vegetable.

I opened my eyes, squinting at the oncoming light. "Where...am I?" I whispered to myself.

"All Might's master's house," a voice said. It was a familiar, yet sour voice. I turned to see a boy around my age peering over me. He smiled down at me, his blonde hair flipping as he bent down to grab a plastic water bottle. "Thirsty?"

I nodded and sat up, feeling a nagging pain in my neck. I reached up to scratch it, but the boy reached over and grabbed my arm.

"I wouldn't touch that," he said. "Aizawa gave you the injection there."

"Injection?" I asked. What the hell was he talking about? "Aizawa? Who are you, for that matter?"

Hurt flashed over his features. He chuckled a little and sucked in a breath. Should I know this guy? "You don't remember, do you?" I shook my head. "So the old man has been messing with your memories."

"I'm sorry..." I looked down at my fidgeting hands. I was overcome with guilt. Why can't I remember him?

"Don't apologize, idiot," he chuckled. He put on an overly fake smile and handed me the water.

I opened the water and started to drink it. "Well, let's start with the introductions. My name is Bakkugo Katsuki. We were childhood friends. Now, we are lovers."