Chapter Eight

Katsuki's POV

I stood at the train station, feeling pretty warm for how cold it was outside. Deku still wasn't here. What the hell was that need doing? He's thirty minutes late.

I stretched and sighed. "Kacchan!" a familiar voice yelled. I turned to see Deku running towards me, smiling and waving like a little kid. It made me chuckle a little.

He caught up with me and started to pant. "What took you so long, nerd?"

Deku smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I had to pick up some liquor for my dad."

I sighed. "Why do you do errands for that bitch?"

Deku looked down and gulped. "I have my reasons," he whispered. He smiled and lightened the mood. "Let's get going, shall we?"

I blushed and held out my hand to Deku. His face lit up as he took it. We ran through the crowd. Though it was Saturday night, the crowd wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.

We ran through the streets, finally approaching the festival. Tonight was the new year's festival. I haven't been to the festival before, but from Deku's expression, I could tell he has been here before.

I was never really into little kiddie games, but it was pretty funny to watch Deku get irritated over missing a shot.

"Over here, Kacchan!" Deku yelled, pulling me up to a booth with lots of stuffed animals. His eyes lit up when he saw a white teddy bear with a red and white bow.

I sighed. "Are you serious? You're fourteen!"

Deku laughed. "But he is cute, Kacchan!" Deku made his best impression of a sad puppy. I couldn't help but blush at his cuteness.

Cuteness? The hell am I saying?

"Alright..."

I stepped up to the game. The instructor said that if I could throw the ping-pong ball into the bullseye, I could win. I had three shots.

I picked up the first ball. I swung it with all my might and missed completely.

"Good try, Kacchan!" Deku cheered.

I took the second ball and swung it. It hit just millimeters away from the target.

"Doesn't count!" the instructor yelled.

"Are you kidding?! It is so close to the target!" I argued.

"It didn't hit the target, so it doesn't count. If you are going to argue, then I'll ask you to leave."

Rage bubbled inside of me. This fool thinks he can fuck with me, huh? I decided to go against the rules of the game and use my quirk. I took the third ball and powered up an explosion.

"Sir, that's not-"

I aimed my explosion towards the target and let go. In a flash of light, the whole booth was in shambles. All except for the stuffed bear I used so much energy to protect from the explosion.

The instructor walked up to me with a scowl. "That was against the rules, explosion boy!"

I chuckled. Deku ran up and wrapped his arms around my arm. "But I won, didn't I? Just give me the damn bear and I promise to leave you alone."

The instructor groaned and grabbed the bear off of the hook. Deku smiled widely and clutched the bear to his face. He ran around with it, like the idiot he was.

"Thank you so much, Kacchan! I love it!" Deku yelled, skipping along the path. I smiled and followed suit.

It was a few hours later, and I and Deku had played and eaten so much that I couldn't feel my body. We were sitting on a bench, thunder crackling above us. Suddenly, I felt raindrops on my face. It was raining.

I felt Deku shiver beside me. "You know, Kacchan...this bear is the first present I got from you."

"I guess I've never gotten you a present before..." I chuckled. "Sorry about that."

"I'm grateful, I really am."

"You better be, you little bitch," I laughed, starting to ruffle his hair.

Suddenly, a man approached us slowly. He was soaking wet. Deku gasped and rose to his feet. I followed.

"Deku?" His eyes were glossed over with fear. It was his father that stood before us. I grabbed his hand and clenched it tight. "What the hell do you want?"

He pressed a button on the contraption that he held in his hand. It played an audio that made Deku shake.

"Mom! Mom!"

He chuckled. "You remember our agreement, Izuku?"

Deku nodded. "Yeah..."

"Agreement?" I asked. The hell were they talking about?

Deku lets go of my hand and spun to face me, his eyes full of sorrow. "If Izuku became mine, I wouldn't expose his sin."

"Sin? Deku, this old man is talking nonsense!" I yelled. Deku shook his head. Has Deku really done something so bad that he has to become a manservant for the rest of his life?

"Well, go on. Tell him, Izuku," his father coaxed.

Tears ran down his cheeks, or was that just rain? "I...killed Midoriya Inko."

Lightning crashed and thunder roared.

(A/N: yes, I was inspired by some movie I watched a few years ago in this chapter. Btw, things take a twist after this chapter--I know, I'm evil--so, Prepare yourselves!!)