Chapter Ten

Izuku's POV

I sat on my bed, my vision blurry from tears. Blood stained my shirt a dark crimson. I wanted to shout that I lied, but that was a lie in itself.

I hadn't lied to Kacchan. Why had I done that? Did I really believe deep down that I was a murderer?

Did I believe that Kacchan would think I'm lying?

The door opened slightly, making me flinch. I hastily wiped away my tears and faced Father.

He had a scowl on his face, clearly upset that I had left. Had I left? I don't remember. It doesn't really matter anymore.

"Izuku, are you awake now? You were asleep for two whole days."

I nodded.

He sighed. "Why did you leave? How did you leave?"

"Kacchan took me," I vaguely answered. I felt empty. No pain. No sadness. Nothing.

Father sat down on my bed and laughed. "Is that so, little puppy?" A pause. "Your quirk was acting up last night. What did it say?"

My quirk. Father told me that I could see into the future whenever I slept. "Kacchan tried to kill me. You saved me."

"Yes, very good," Father smiled. "In a few days, I will make my move. You will join me."

I nodded. Father saved me. He gave me a place to belong. He hurt me, but he also saved me. I was indebted to him.

"You may go back to school tomorrow. However, you must stay away from Bakkugo Katsuki."

"Why?"

"Izuku...do you have feelings for him?"

"Yes..."

Smack.

I fell back in my bed. Father's eyes filled with hatred. "That bitch will kill you." He placed his hands over my throat and began to choke me.

After a minute, he let go and sighed. "I guess it doesn't matter if you harbor feelings for him. Soon you will forget everything about him." Father placed his hand over my face. Fatigue washed over me. "Sleep, my puppy."

My vision went dark. Right before I fell, I heard a faint voice.

"Once you lose your memories, I will turn you into the greatest villain."

---------------------------------------------------------

Shouto's POV

I awoke in the infirmary at school, not sure why I was there. The last thing I remembered was going to the festival. Why was I at school?

There was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said. The door opened and Bakkugo came in. "What do you want? I thought you were mad at me."

Bakkugo ignored me and approached my bed. He peered at me for a second before slapping my face.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.

"Were you at the festival two days ago?"

"What?"

"Were you there at the festival two days ago?" Bakkugo repeated, more forceful this time.

"I went to A festival," I said. "I don't know, what day is it?"

"Monday."

"Then, yes." Wow. I was asleep for two days. But, why?

"Did you see Deku after it started raining?" He asked, failing to contain his anger.

"I don't think so," I replied. "Why the hell do you want to know?!"

Bakkugo fell over onto the door of my bed. It scared me. Why was Bakkugo acting like this? Does he...

I didn't want to finish my thought.

"You told the class that Deku killed his mother," Bakkugo said abruptly.

"No, I didn't," I argued. "Why would I spread such a lie?!"

Bakkugo sat up and placed a hand on his face. "You were being a pawn. A villain was using you. Aizawa removed the control chip for you."

"Control chip?"

"I'm trying to figure out what villain is tormenting Deku. Do you know who put that chip in your neck?" Bakkugo stood and faced me, his expression murderous.

I tried hard to think of what happened that night.

I was buying some katsudon at a booth. I walked towards a bench to eat it, then something heavy hit the top of my head. I dropped my katsudon, spilling it all over the grass. I turned to look at his face.

"Todoroki Shouto, you will help me turn my son."

Bakkugo didn't move a muscle in the time it took me to remember.

"If it's a name you want, then I don't know," I said. " But I know he said something about 'turning his son', whatever that means."

"Shit," Bakkugo said under his breath. He raced towards the door.

"Bakkugo," I called after him. He stopped but didn't turn to face me. I was out of words to say. I clenched my lips together.

"I know how you feel about Deku," Bakkugo said, popping me out of my trance. "I'm not letting you be his hero." He gave me a menacing glare before slamming the door shut.