Chapter Nine

Katsuki's POV

Deku didn't come to school today. His desk was swarming with people. I wasn't sure why. I decided to check it out.

Uraraka was standing there, holding a flower bouquet. I ran over. Tenya moved over to let me in near his desk. Black lettering covered the surface.

Midoriya Izuku murdered Midoriya Inko.

I clench my fists. What the hell? Who wrote this?!

Uraraka dropped her bouquet of flowers, shaking. Tears trailed down her face. "Who would write such a thing?! Deku isn't a murderer!" Tenya picked up the flowers and handed them to me.

"I hoped to tell him today, but he is going to...to..." Uraraka dropped to her knees and cried. I have never seen Uraraka in such a state, and it startled me. Tenya grabbed her and pulled her outside the room.

I growled at the desk. I ran to janitors closet and grabbed a towel wet with water. I started wiping it on Deku's desk. Asui joined in. Soon enough, the desk was clean.

Shortly after, the door opened and the Todoroki bitch came in. He set his bag down on his desk and turned to face the rest of us. "So, you all saw the message?"

"Do you know who wrote it?" Momo asked.

"Yeah."

"Who in the hell was it?!" I yelled.

Todoroki looked at me and snickered. "I did."

Fear numbed my body. No way! "You...you overheard us...didn't you?!"

"Bakkugo? What are you talking about?" Uraraka asked, walking back into the room with Tenya.

"Yeah, I heard him admit it," Todoroki smirked, ignoring Uraraka's question. "His old man came up, exposing his abuse marks. You watched in horror as Midoriya exposed his little secret."

"Secret?" Everyone whispered to me.

"Midoriya was the one who murdered his mother!"

"What?!"

"No way! You're lying!" Uraraka yelled.

Todoroki shook his head, "It is what he said."

Rage bubbled under the surface. I was an egg, about to explode in a microwave. I clenched my fists tighter than before and started to shake. Keep it cool, Katsuki. He's not your enemy.

Words are fucking cheap.

"Bastard."

Todoroki leaned towards me. "Sorry, I couldn't hear you. Say that one more time."

"You fucking bitch!" I screamed. I reached for his shoulders, everyone running to get out of our way. I threw him into a desk. Many other desks and chairs flew into the floor, and the others used their quirks to keep from being hit.

I aimed an explosion towards the bitch, he dodged. A cocky smile played on his lips. He aimed a blast of fire in my direction. I dodged.

Behind me, the others were yelling for us to stop. I didn't care. He hurt him.

No one hurts Deku.

Our quirks clashed in a blur. I was raging. I let my emotions take over. No one could get close to us even if they tried.

Suddenly, Todoroki froze. He shook, in what seemed like fear. I took this opportunity to use my quirk on his stomach.

"Shouto!" Momo yelled from behind me.

Todoroki fell backward, vomiting blood on my face. It splattered all over the nearest desks.

Aizawa caught the unconscious boy before he hit the ground. I wanted and wiped the blood from my cheek.

"Explain," Aizawa demanded. It was out of his character to show his anger so plainly.

"Sir..." Uraraka started, but Aizawa was already distracted.

"What the hell?!" Aizawa yelled. He turned Todoroki on his stomach and felt the skin on the back of his neck.

Momo ran towards the teacher, her expression worried. "Is he alright?"

Aizawa pulled something out of Todoroki's neck, leaving blood spilling down from the wound.

"What is it?" Asui asked.

Aizawa moved the small device closer to his face. It was a small circular and metallic invention. "It's...a control device."

---------------------------------------------------------

"A control device?" All Might asked, a puzzled look piercing his features. It was after school and I was meeting with him about Deku.

"Aizawa said that the person controlling him was making him say that Deku killed his mother," I explained. I felt bad. There's no way All Might would believe Deku is guilty, right?

All Might sighed, "so, young Midoriya told you that he killed his mother? And that his father is binding him to that belief?"

"Yeah..."

"I don't buy it. There's no way Midoriya would kill someone so important to him."

I nodded.

"Thanks to your hard work, we have something to put on his father. However, one thing still bothers me."

"What?"

"There is only one villain I know of who can engineer such an advanced control chip. If Midoriya's secret was only known to him and his father, and Todoroki wasn't there, then do you think...Midoriya's father is a villain?"

"A villain?" I chuckled. "Don't make me laugh. Deku's father is no villain. He's a monster."

With that, I left.

Even if this would cost me my sanity, I was going to save Deku.