Chapter Three

Izuku's POV

My head felt all fuzzy. Strangely, I didn't feel any pain like I usually did when I stirred awake.

I opened my eyes. I thought I was going to wake up on my kitchen floor again. Instead, I was laying in a bed in the nurses' office.

"Are you finally awake, boy?" a familiar voice asked. I turned to see Recovery Girl sitting at my bedside, changing some bandages on my bleeding arms. "Are you alright?"

"I don't feel in pain..." I replied, my voice hoarse.

"That's good. The painkillers must be working." She reapplied my bandages and leaned back in her chair. "You know, you scared the heck out of All Might when you collapsed. He was checking on you every hour."

"I collapsed?...sorry, my memory is all fuzzy."

"That's to be expected," Recovery Girl smiled, standing up

Just then, All Might burst in. His face lit up when he saw me. I flushed at his concern for me.

"Young Midoriya! You're awake!" All Might exclaimed. He smiled and walked over to the foot of my bed. I sat up slowly. "How are you feeling?"

"A little fuzzy, but I'm just fine," I fibbed. I couldn't tell him my darkest secret. "I'm sorry for worrying you."

All Might's smile faded. "So... Midoriya...where'd you get those scars?"

My mind became clouded with fear. Oh shit! They saw the burn marks! I can't let them know. What would Father do to me if I told? I can't risk it!

I attempted to make an excuse, but I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I caught glimpses of Recovery Girl scolding All Might for pressing me so abruptly.

I only came back to my senses when Recovery Girl patted my back. I jumped at the sudden gesture.

"Don't worry, I made him leave," Recovery Girl reassured me. "You don't want to tell anyone, do you?" I shook my head. "Don't worry. I won't press you. Call me if you need anything."

I nodded as she went back to work. I picked up my phone that was laying on the bedside table.

Twelve texts from Kacchan

As I read them, tears spilled down my face.

I never knew how much I loved that arrogant idiot.