"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"

"Now..." I purred, tracing circles on their necks with the kunais. "Let's continue shall we?"

I could feel myself going crazy by how much fun I was having. Is torturing the people you hate such a thrill? Each passing moment, I could feel the adrenaline flowing through my veins. It was like a drug that I wanted. That I needed. It's what kept me going.

"Now, I know you were aware of the coup the Uchiha were planning, right?"

Homura nodded. "Yes, we were."

Irritation tinged my voice, "What in the world made you think that my parents were helping out with the coup?" 

I gripped the kunai tighter, trying to keep it steady and aligned at the throats. This was probably one of the biggest questions that I had wanted to ask. I need to know their stupid logic.

"W-Well the Hanninzowa clan is a special one..." Koharu started. 

I hummed, "In what way?"

She continued. "For decades the clan has always been supporting the Senju and Uchiha."

I nodded at these words. It wasn't anything new for me. Tobi told me before these same words, but I didn't want to interrupt her. She probably doesn't know that I know...or maybe she does. Who knows? But I wanted to hear her complete answer to see if it was satisfactory.

"Well, the most evident is the Second Hokage's wife, Megumi Hanninzowa. But she died of illness at an early age."

"And how does this relate to my parents?" I rolled my eyes. Once again, this wasn't new information. I knew this as well. Mom and Dad have told me of my ancestors. And one of them was the wife of the Second. Big shocker.

"I guess you're right, that doesn't really relate to your parents..." Koharu said, nervously. Hearing the fear would have made me content, but I wasn't feeling that right now. 

I let out an annoyed breath. "Then you better start saying something that makes sense before I get really frustrated. And I know you know how I get when I'm frustrated."

The kunai lowered from her neck, scratching her collarbone area. As it dragged along the skin, I pushed it harder and harder until little drops of blood started to form and fall. She winced in pain. Koharu began to start talking again after a moment to choose her words carefully. "The Hanninzowa are always close to those they support. Your parents have always been really close to the Uchihas."

I cut her off. "And that's it? Just because they spent time with them, they're automatically villains? What kind of thinking is that?"

Fury surged through me. This was their stupid reasoning!? What kind of dim-witted and ridiculous thought is that!? The only reason that my parents aren't here right now, the only reason their dead, is because of who they were around with? How does that make sense?!
"It might seem ridiculous to you, but you just don't understand the impact of your family history." Homura added, speaking calmly.

I growled, "You're telling me that? A member of the Hanninzowa? You're saying that I don't know my own clan?"

Homura didn't respond to that and fell silent. I scrunched my nose in disgust at him. This is exactly the kind of thinking that Konoha doesn't need. This is exactly the kind of thinking that the world doesn't need. They don't have the right to tell me what I know and what I don't know.