Departure

Am I dead?

I couldn't anything except for swirling darkness. What happened? Oh, that's right. The last thing I remembered was jumping in front of Sasuke as that masked boy threw needles at him. Did I die from that?

Suddenly, the swirling darkness became brighter and brighter. I can see a light... maybe this isn't the end...

My eyes cracked open, and the first thing that happens is that I can hear crying. Or rather, loud, loud sobbing.

"S-Sasuke-kuun..."

I slightly turned my head to see Sakura crying over Sasuke's body. For a split second, I thought he was dead and I could feel my breath begin to hitch. However, I quickly notice that his eyes are open, so I guess he woke up before me. As I try to move my body towards them, incredible pain shoots through my body. My body still feels terrible from being pierced with all those needles.

I let out a groan of pain, grabbing the other's attention. Sasuke immediately looks over at me. "(Y/N), you're alright." I can see the relief in his eyes as he looks at me. I manage to smile a little, "See...I told you a smile suits you..." I sink back to the ground, my body still feeling weak.

"(Y/N)!"

"Don't worry," I reassured Sasuke. "I just need to lay down..."

"What happened to Haku?" Sasuke asked Sakura. Sakura was no longer draped over his body, crying. She was sitting up on her knees. "Naruto's okay! He actually defeated him, but Haku's dead though..." Sakura told him.

A wave of confusion fills me for a second. "Who's Haku? Is he the masked boy,"

Luckily, my body seemed to be healing a lot quicker than I thought. I managed to move more than before, and sat on my knees like Sakura. Sakura nodded as she put her attention to me, "You and Sasuke-kun, shouldn't move much!"

I ignore her statement, continuing to press for answers, "Wait. So did Naruto killed Haku?!"

"No, Haku died protecting Zabuza... they're both dead now... Hey! Naruto! (Y/N) and Sasuke-kun are alive!" Sakura mumbled, then began waving someone over to us.

Naruto turned towards us, his eyes widening at the sight. Sasuke and I both waved at him. His face turned so happy, it made me smile. He began to cry with tears of happiness.

He ran over to us and gave me a big hug. "You're alive! Thank god..."

"Of course! I'm a strong kunoichi!" I laughed, sticking my tongue at Naruto. He smiled even greater and then began to pester Sasuke.

I looked over past Naruto and saw Zabuza and Haku lying next to each other. They must've died next to each other. Even though they were the enemy, I felt respect towards their strength. And even though they believed in the wrong things, they died an honorable death, by protecting the one they love.

"YOU DAMN NINJAS! WE'LL TAKE YOU ON!"

My head jerked to the source of the voice and I saw that there are a group of men, probably Gatou's men, and they are charging at us. Stupid people, they can't defeat us. Immediately, I try to stand up, but the moment I get on my two feet into a fighting stance, I faltered. My knees felt weak and I sunk back into the position I was previously on the ground.

This is bad. I've used up all my chakra... there's no way I can fight. I looked over at the others to see if maybe they had regained some strength. Kakashi-sensei, Naruto and Sasuke were in the same state as me. The only one who had the most strength right now would be Sakura, but there's no way she can take them all on.

What do we do?

"STOP!"

Is that...!?

We turned around to see the villagers led by Inari, ready to attack. Inari yells at Gatou's men, "If you try to come any further, we will stop you with everything!"

Naruto's eyes widened as he saw Inari, "Inari!"

Inari smiled at him with a smile that I haven't seen this whole time we've been here, "The hero always shows up at the last second!"

"I'll help you out!" Naruto exclaimed.

"But, Naruto!" I retorted, "You don't have enough strength! You'll hurt yourself."

"Hero's don't always just arrive in time, but they also help out those in need!" Naruto stood up and flashed me a thumbs up. Then he activated his shadow clone jutsu. Kakashi-sensei did the same, creating what seemed to be hundreds of men against the small number of Gatou's men.

At this, Gatou's men ran away in fear.

......

Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei, Sakura, and I stood in front of the completed bridge. It was giant and magnificent. After Gatou's men ran away, the villagers were able to complete the bridge with no other interruptions. Finally, after a few weeks, the bridge was complete, and our mission accomplished.

Tazuna and Inari were standing with us to send us off, "Thanks so much! Without you we would never complete the bridge! This is sad to see you leave..."

"Don't worry! We'll come to visit often!" Naruto assured them. Inari looked as if he was about to cry. Naruto smirked at him, "It's alright to cry, Inari!"

Inari shook his head, "No! I won't cry! But you can cry!"

Naruto turned around, "See you later..."

Just as he turned around, the two boys began to cry, since they could not see each other. I sighed at the amusing action.

They're just alike... I thought with a sweat drop on my head.

After this, we said our goodbyes, and began to leave across the completed bridge.

"Crossing this bridge is a lot more easier than traveling by boat~" Sakura sighed, happily as we were now halfway across the bridge in little to no time. It did definitely beat traveling by boat.

"Hai!" I agreed with her, shaking my head enthusiastically.

"What did they decide to name the bridge again?" Sakura asked me.

I smiled, warmly. "They said that they named it after the boy who changed not only Inari's hear but the village's heart, and brought hope and courage to the bridge. They said that one day, it'll become a famous bridge whose name is known all over the world"

"What's the name though!?"

                                                                                        "The Great Naruto Bridge."