The Truth Comes Out

I froze, how did they know about the Rinnegan? I know I never told them about it, unless the Hokage told them, but I don't think he did. I mean, he told me that my power was something that people would kill for. But, then again, at least my family should know about it.

"Don't worry, (Y/N), we knew you had it from the moment you were born," Grandpa told me. I stared at him, "How?"

"When a Rinnegan user is born, when they open their eyes, it's the eyes of Rinnegan. But it disappears right after." He explained to me.

"So if you knew, why didn't The Hokage know?" I asked them. Since apparently Rinnegan was a huge deal, I would thought they would have informed the Hokage of it.

"Well, the Hokage did know... just not this one." Grandma said, "The Fourth Hokage knew, but he never told the Third before he died..." She became saddened for a moment.

I understood why too. The Fourth Hokage died after saving the village from the Nine-Tails Beast. Then I guess, he sealed it, in Naruto, but I don't know why he sealed it in him... but that question is for another time.

"So, why are you talking to me about it?" I asked them. "Why did you wait after so long? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"We couldn't tell you any sooner since you weren't old enough or mature enough to know. You're a mature girl, but this is a concern that is way past you." Grandpa told me. "But it seems that the time's come when you need to learn how to wield and control it."

Grandma continued, "I'm sure you understand how Rinnegan is a powerful Eye Technique, the most powerful one. We also know you are receiving training for it. I have no doubt Enya-sensei will do a well enough job training you, but he is not the best. The person you really need, is Jiraiya, but the Hokage informed us he's training Naruto. It's a shame because you need the training more..."

I raised an eyebrow at them. They were basically telling me things I already knew. Grandpa noticed this. "I'm sure you heard this all before already, so I'll tell you the new stuff.

"Rinnegan is an eye technique that is known to appear in the Hanninzowa clan every so often. Some of the most powerful Hanninzowa figures were Rinnegan users. This also made us a very powerful clan, more powerful than the Hyuga and the Uchiha. What made us so powerful was the Rinnegan worked so well with our kekkei genkai. They complimented each other perfectly. With Rinnegan, you can enhance your ability with the elements and the chakra nature manipulations."

"So you are going to help with my training?" I asked, hopeful. Even though they don't seem powerful now, my grandparents used to be really powerful when they were younger. My parents told me stories of them. And Uncle is known throughout the village as well as a strong ninja.

Uncle shook his head, "I'm afraid not. As much as we would love too, we don't know how to control Rinnegan. It hasn't appeared in the clan in a long time. You're the first person to wield in a few decades."

My eyes widened at this. I felt so much responsibility on my shoulders. How could I bear this?Grandma placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, "You'll be able to do it, (Y/N). You're a strong girl. I trust that you'll be able to use it for the better instead of the worse."

I nodded at the wise words, but the burden did not disappear. What if I cause trouble for everyone because of my power? No. I will train to make sure this doesn't happen. To protect everyone.

"What we can help you with is your kekkei genkai." Uncle said. I perked up, "Really?"

He nodded, "I may not be able to help you as much, so your grandparents will be helping you with your training." Grandma and Grandpa smiled at me. I sighed, "So on top of training for the chuunin exams, I have to also control my Rinnegan and enhance my kekkei genkai... This sounds great!"

They laughed at my sudden excitement. "We can get started whenever you want kiddo." Grandpa said. I paused for a moment, when should I start? Well, Enya-sensei did say he would hold of the Rinnegan training until I can mentally prepare myself. "Let's start tomorrow, after my training with Enya-sensei, Kyo and Wakako! I declared.

Grandma nodded, "Sure thing, sweetie. Now eat up, and then wash yourself. You're stinking up the entire house."

......

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. How can I be mentally prepared? I can't face their dying faces again...

Sighing, I put my face into the pillow. Now I need to sleep. But I was wide awake.

Sleep.  

Sleep.

Sleep!

"Why can't I fall asleep!" I exclaimed aloud. Then I heard a knock on the door. "Can I come in?" It was Grandma. I called her in, and she opened the door. "Can't sleep?" I nodded. She went to the edge of my bed.

"For my Rinnegan training, I need to remember that night to call Rinnegan," I confessed. My face fell, "I...don't want to. I can't..."

Grandma clasped my hand. "You know, I think what might help you, is if you learned more about your parents."

"The truth?"

"As in stories about them, what they were like." Grandma responded. I grinned, excited to learn more about my parents. "Tell me how they met!"

Grandma laughed, "Okay, if you insist. Your mother was a very skilled kunoichi along with your uncle, her brother. They were the pride and joy of the Hanninzowa clan. Your mother was exactly like your Grandpa said, she was a stubborn child who was always her way or the highway. However, she was as sweet as she was fierce.

"Your father, I don't know much about his childhood, but I know he was a strong heir of his clan. From the times I talked to him, he was an energetic little one, and a bit of a genius as well. He was kind of a mix of the Uzumaki and Uchiha kid."

I giggled thinking of about the kind of person would be if Naruto and Sasuke were combined into one person. "How did they meet!?"

Grandma smiled, "Alright, alright, I'll get to that part. They met at third part of the chuunin exams. You're father and mother were the final battle of the third part, since they all beat their opponents. Your father was so confident that he would beat your mother, but your mother thought she would beat him. They trashed talked the whole battle. It was rather entertaining if you ask me."

"You saw it?" I exclaimed. "Man, it sounded funny, I wish I could've."

"You weren't even born yet."

"Whatever. Who won!?"

"Your mother beat you father so bad, it was a shock," Grandma said. "Your father was never beaten in a battle and your mother was his first. Ever since then, he fell in love with her."

"Wow, that's a story!" I exclaimed. Suddenly a wave of tiredness fell over me. "Tired?" Grandma asked. I nodded. She began to leave the room. "I hoped that helped you out. Goodnight (Y/N)."

She closed the door, leaving me alone once again. I smiled as I replayed the story in my head. Mom, Dad... I closed my eyes.

Maybe this time, I'll be able to face the memory.