Birthday

(A/N)

So, we all know our dear reader has a birthday so why not have a birthday chapter :))

I guess I kind of expected a big thing when I woke up. I mean I figured that since today was a special day, and the fact that I was hospitalized for a long time would qualify for some celebration on this day. But when I woke up, it was as silent as night. 

I laughed to myself. "Maybe I'm up too early...?" I said aloud.

I heard a knock on the door, and I immediately perked. "Yes?"

A nurse poked her head in. "You are free to leave anytime you want to. Tsunade-sama says that you should be healed by now."

"Oh," I nodded, flashing a forced smile. "I'll leave soon." 

The nurse smiled back at me, "Oh, and happy birthday, (Y/N)."

A real smile came onto me. "Thanks!"

The nurse left and I started to head out of the hospital. Why stay here any longer when I could get out? So I waltzed out of that hospital, can't waiting to get home. Alright, I felt a little disappointed when I walked out of that hospital and saw no one there. Compared to last year, this year was a bust.

Last year, for my birthday, there was a huge party. From the moment I woke up, there was a never-ending, 'happy birthdays' from everyone. I think I got so many presents that it nearly filled my room. Apparently, my clan was very popular to the public.

But now, I've been walking back to my house, and I was treated as if I was invisible. Many people passed by me that I knew and talked to on a daily basis. They ignored me. Each passing moment, my growing smile turned down, and continued to sink and sink.

Finally I reached the clan and entered it. Surely my own grandparents would remember my own birthday! "I'm back!" I cried out, running into the house.

I stopped once a saw a note from them on the table. It said that they were out right now, but they would see me later. "Oh, I guess I get the house to myself today..." I whispered to myself.

My head drooped as I walked out the house. I don't want to be all by myself, alone. Might as well have some company.

"(Y/N)!!"

I turned around to see Kyo and Wakako making their way to me. "You're back!"

I smiled warmly at them, "And you know what else?" I said, hinting in my voice.

"You're completely healed right?" Wakako guessed. My smile faltered, but I forced back up. "Y-yeah. That's it."

She smiled brightly at me, "Ah! Thank god! Anyways, we're all going to play so you should come!"

"Of course, I would love too," I told her. She grinned, and grabbed my hand, pulling me along the streets. 

Kyo cried out, "Wait for me!" He ran to catch up to us. "You guys run so fast!" he grabbed my other hand. He gave it a slight squeeze. "Now we're ready." He flashed me a wink, and I felt my face flush.

I turned over at Wakako and saw that she seemed a little sad. "Are you alright?" I asked her. She abruptly looked at me, and gave me a big smile. A too big smile. "I'm splendid!"

I opened my mouth retort, but I heard another voice. "(Y/N)! You're here!"

I felt myself being tackled by a small furry animal. I giggled as Akamaru licked my face.