The Confusing Message

I gasped, realizing that I was now caught in Itachi's genjutsu. I looked around me to find that I was now alone in the forest. The sky was still shining blue and the clouds fluffy white. If I were in other circumstances, I would've thought that it was a nice day, but it was far from that.

I remember Enya-sensei teaching me how to escape genjutsu. It was the first thing I learned after Naruto left with Jiraiya for three years. He said that it was crucial that I learn it. Enya-sensei said that there will be other genjutsu users whose skills are more dangerous and advanced than Kyo's.

You need to stop your chakra flow since the chakra in your head is being controlled by your opponent. I remembered these words and I focused all my energy on trying to escape. I heard a chuckle.

"Naruto tried doing that too."

Itachi was floating above me on a bunch of ravens. "That's a smart idea, but unfortunately it won't work on me."

"What do you want Itachi?!" I yelled at him. "You could've killed me by now! What's the point of having me in your little genjutsu! I know you don't do things without a reason!"

Itachi floated back to the ground and started walking towards me. I tried moving but my feet refused to move. I was frozen.

"You know, even though you've grown, you still remind me of that cute little girl, (Y/N)-chan," Itachi said, stopping right in front of me. I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm not that same little girl anymore. I was naïve back then, putting all my trust in traitors." I spat at him.

For a second I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, but it quickly disappeared. "I wish I could tell you. The reason for everything."

I looked at Itachi, confused. "Tell me what?"

"I can't."

"Why!?"

Itachi's finger caressed my cheek. I could feel the blood rushing to my face. He looked intently in my eyes, those Sharingan eyes bearing into mine. "I just can't."

I closed my eyes, trying to stop looking at his eyes. Now I want to know what he's keeping from me...

Focusing instead of stopping my chakra, but summoning it, I activated my trump card. When I opened my eyes, Itachi looked at me with mild surprise. I now activated my Rinnegan.

"Itachi...you're going to tell me everything, even if I have to force it out of you." I said gravely, now finding the strength to move. "Elemental Jutsu: Fire Dragon!"

"You seem to forget that in my genjutsu, you are in my reality. Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

The fire I created now disappeared, and Itachi's fire came my way, burning my skin. I winced at the pain, "You can't just say that there's a reason for your actions then not tell me!"

Itachi smiled softly, "You're still the same from back then, aren't you? It feels like I haven't missed a thing."

I was shocked at his sudden change in attitude. Now he was gazing at me with an entirely new expression. One of happiness, mixed with sorrow. They reminded me of the way Sasuke looked at me when he kissed me and left me for Orochimaru...

Itachi walked up to me once again, and raised his hand at me. I grimaced and closed my eyes, ready for an attack. But instead of feeling pain, I felt my hair being ruffled. I slowly opened my eyes to find Itachi ruffling my hair. Just like the way he used to do when I was a kid. My eyes widened at this action, and he gave me a soft smile. "Now's not the time, but I'm sure you'll find out one way or another sooner or later."