Attack

I collapsed to the ground, panting loudly. Sweat was sticky on me, and my body felt tired. Next to me, Neji was in the same state, but he managed to be able to keep standing. "I think, I'm starting to get the hang of this..." I said.

"How...how do you have all that power just from your eyes?" Neji panted. "If you keep getting stronger and used to those eyes, who knows how strong you'll be..."

I smirked as I slowly stood up. "I'm just that great, ya know."

Neji glanced at me with a blank expression, his eyebrows raised in an amusing way. I laughed, reaching up to pinch his cheek. "You look too cute right now, Neji."

He paused and his blank expression changed as his face flush. "I'm not cute." He mumbled, which in turn made me laugh more. 

"That's what someone who is acting cute would say!"

Neji sighed, "I'm a guy, I don't want to be called cute." 

I frowned. "What's wrong with that?"

He just replied with another sigh, "Nevermind." 

"Okay, Mr. Cutie." I teased.

Neji's already flushed face, flushed even more. With my newly found sadist mind, I started enjoying this.

"Oi! Neji!"

The two of us turned to see Tenten, Rock Lee and Gai-sensei walking towards us. Tenten was waving at us as they neared. "Were you two training?" she asked. I nodded, and she continued, "Sorry, (Y/N), but we actually need to go on a mission right now."

"Oh..." I replied. Great now I'm back at square one for finding a sparring partner.

Neji turned to me, "Maybe we can train together again when I return." 

I flashed him a smile, "Yeah, I would like that a lot!"

......

I was waving as I watched Neji, Tenten, Rock Lee and Gai-sensei leave to go on their mission together. The moment they were out of sight I sighed. Just as I thought back to square one. I turned promptly, and left the training field, heading for town instead.

I just really need to relax and get a break. I thought as I entered the once again crowded streets of Konoha. I smiled as I passed the busy people. Normally, I would hate being in such a situation, but oddly, I was enjoying the vibrance of the village and the kindess of everyone. You know, since I'm in such a good mood, I think I'll go help out Shikamaru with the code. I nodded at my declaration. Yup, that sounds good.

I changed paths and started to head towards the Code Breakers building. "Hey, I'm back," I announced as I opened the door. Inside was Shiho, Shikamaru and Sakura all together at a table, looking at the code. They turned and smiled at me, well mainly the girls. Shikamaru just lazily glanced.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Sakura beamed as she walked up to me. "You've decided to come and help us?"

I nodded at her, "I just finished doing some training with Neji, and he ditched me so now I need something to do."

Shikamaru let out a noise, "So you only came here because you needed something to do."

I laughed a little, "Well, it sounds bad if you say it like that. I just meant that I wanted to help, that's all."