Not ready(26)

Mohammed
I wait patiently in my car for Aisha, who should be here by now. I'm picking her up from school, which finishes at 3 and its 3:15 now.
I call her phone again but it just goes straight to voicemail. I hang up and rub my forehead tiredly. All I want to do is go home and sleep at the moment, work at the hospital was super hectic.
After an hour of waiting in the car, I get out and rub my face. I make my way into the now deserted school. Where is she? I walk to the secretary desk.
"Sir, are you okay?" the lady there asks with a smile. I lower my gaze instantly.
"Is Aisha Rahman here by any chance?" I ask politely.
"Sir, the school is over, she would be gone, but I'll check for you," she says, then taps on the intercom. "Can Aisha Rahman come down to the office, please?" she repeats that thrice before moving away and giving a sad smile. "Sorry sir."
"Can I check myself?" I ask her, still not convinced.
"Sure, no problem."
After walking around the whole school, I finally give up. Maybe she went somewhere with her friends and forgot to inform me.
I sigh, then head towards the exit when I hear laughter in the room right beside the male's toilet. I walk over and open the door slightly to find Aisha laughing in a classroom with a boy. I let the event sink in for some moments before clearing my throat.
Aisha jumps back instantly and looks at me with wide eyes. The boy just looks between me and her with confusion. "Mohammed," she whispers.
"Are you ready?" is all I ask her.
"Uh, y-yeah," she says, then grabs her bag and books.
"Um, see you tomorrow," the boy says and tries to hug her but she gives him an icy glare. "I'm sorry, I forgot you don't do that," he apologizes instantly.
***
"Mohammed, talk to me, please," Aisha begs as I park my car in the garage of our house. I remove my seatbelt and take out the keys. "Mohammed, please." She holds my hand with desperation in her tone. "We were just talking, wallahi (swear upon God)," she adds.
"I know, but I've been waiting for an hour in there for you and you were in a room talking to a boy."
"I'm sorry, he wanted to talk about our presentation, I lost track of time. I'm sorry... please don't be angry with me." She frowns.
"I'm not, it's okay," I state with a smile, which makes her smile.
"You are here." Ummi smiles as we both walk into the house.
"Asalam Alaykum," we greet ummi and baba.
"Walaykum salam," they reply.
"How was school?" she asks Aisha.
"Good."
"You?" ummi asks me.
"Pretty busy today, I'm tired, so am going to pray and go to bed," I tell her.
"Oh, I'll bring some milk up to you, you go pray." She smiles sadly.
"I got you some milk." Aisha smiles as she walks into our bedroom with a glass in her hand.
"Jazakallah khair," I thank her and take the glass.
"Wa antum fa jazakallah khayrun," she replies, then sits cross legged on the middle of the bed. I look up at her as I drink the milk after whispering, "Bismillah."
"You know, I miss Daneen didi." She lets out a groan. I smile and shake my head at her childishness.
"Mohammed," she calls.
"Yes, Aisha?"
"What if I end up getting pregnant before I finish highschool?" she asks.
"Are you pregnant?" I ask her.
"No, but we did it yesterday and we were learning about sexual intercourse today without a condom. You didn't use one yesterday, so what if I am pregnant?" she whispers, then gasps loudly.
"Aisha." I sigh and turn to her.
"I'm not ready to be a mother, Mohammed. I'm only sixteen, I still need help in many things. How will I care for a child? Ya Allah, what if I am?" she gasps.
"Daneen is about to be a mother and she's a year older than you." I raise an eyebrow.
"But she has Zara bhabhi and Aminat didi, there's no one here except me, you, mama, and baba." She holds her cheeks, perplexed.
"You have me, don't you?"
"Yeah but--"
"And I will be here for you and for our baby if you are pregnant. We'll deal with it together." I rub her hands softly.
"But, Mohammed, what about my studies?"
"You can be homeschooled, can't you? And after that you deliver our baby and you have holidays, so after that you can start going college. Ummi can take care of our baby, she'll be the happiest, she's always bored in the house anyway."
A smile appears on her face as I finish. She hugs me and pecks my lips. "I love you," she whispers.
"I love you too." I smile.
"You do?" She looks at me with shock.
"I do." I nod. She smiles again, then hugs me.
"Zara bhabhi left this in my suitcase, do you think that's a sign?" Aisha asks me as she holds up the pregnancy test kit in her hand.
"I don't know, do you want to test it?"
"Okay." She nods and licks her lips before walking into the bathroom. I want her to finish her education first before a child comes in, but if she's pregnant now, then Allah wills it.
"Mohammed." She walks out with a small, nervous smile.
"Are you pregnant?"
"I'm not," she says. I shut my eyes tight and breath out a sigh of relief.
"You are not upset?"
"No, I want you to finish your studies." She smiles then walks over to me. I smile and hold her in my arms.
"Will you help me with my homework?" she whispers, which causes a laugh to escape my lips. She chuckles along.