Its true(13)

Aminat

"She's pregnant, alhamdulilah." Mama puts her hands together while thanking God repeatedly. I look down at Daneen, who's just staring at the wall.

"Congrats, bro." Rahul pats Sahil's shoulder, who smiles a little.

"You are going to be a mother." I smile, then hug Daneen.

"I'm so sorry, didi. I didn't want this to happen." She bursts into tears.

"What? Daneen what are you crying for? This is amazing news. You are going to be a mother, Daneen. This better be happy tears," I scold her, then pinch her cheek.

"But, didi, I've always pictured you with kids first. I wanted you to have yours first." She cries harder.

"Oh, sweety! That would've happened if Allah wished it to be, but it didn't. Allah knows best, so don't cry over what he has given you, be grateful to him, Daneen".

She smiles, then hugs me tightly while nodding. "Okay, didi."

"That's like my beautiful sister." I kiss her cheek and nose causing her to let out a giggle.

***

Once in my room, I pick up a pillow and a change of new clothes for tomorrow morning.

"Can we talk?" Abdullah whispers. I look down at him, then sit down on the bed.

"What is it?"

"Aminat." He holds my hand, but I pull it away.

"I agree I was with Aliyah, but I didn't sleep around. I can never do that," he says. "Being with her is worse than sleeping with her when you have a wife".

"You know I thought we were going just fine, but then you do this." I let out a defeated sigh before standing up. I walk out of the room into the next room.